You guys were right a couple years ago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Rick is a two faced liar, he turned on me tonight after 20 years and hides from my requests asking why. A simple question to a post he has as a sticky people are trying to take the forum down and I agreed and told him there are some that are, bingo, IP banned. He is alot deeper into it than his site suggests

I'm sure there is more to the story but can you elaborate at least which sticky post or topic you are referring to?

Rick is very banhappy and it happens at random. You don't even realize you posted something that was going to upset and him and then bam, random ban.

You don't really realize how much he bans people from his forum until it happens to you because he sweeps everything under the rug without leaving any evidence.

Rick is very banhappy and it happens at random.

This is what happens when one person runs a forum. It's like a dictatorship. I belong to a Las Vegas forum whose owner does the same thing over there. Disagree on something, boom- post deleted.

I suppose they feel like it's their business and they want to protect it. But I think the way Satelliteguys is ran and governed is best- with multiple staff and little intervention.

Last edited:
Yep, it happened to me too. My suspicion, based on a few things he has said in the past, is that he is a very religious person and therefore has a very authoritarian worldview. If he goes to church, it's probably one of those where the guy in charge preaches that if you question the church's authority (or his authority) you'll go to hell. Just a hunch, but I'll bet it's not far from the truth. Unfortunately for him, relatively few people come from that same kind of background, so he'll forever be trying to herd cats. In fact the very act of putting up a FTA satellite dish and receiver kind of indicates that you are not the type of person that will be told what you should and should not be watching by your local broadcasters or the NAB or whoever.

The moderator of a particular "Cordcutters" forum on a very popular web forum is the same way, he kicks people off at the mere mention of something he doesn't like. But I guess a lot of the moderators on that forum are like that, but he's the only one I've ever personally had a problem with.

Reactions: Comptech
I suppose they feel like it's their business and they want to protect it.

Maybe, but just as a hypothetical question, would you buy something from someone that engages in heavy-handed censorship, and who has banned you or a friend of yours on a whim, for no apparent good reason, and with no path to reinstatement?

Reactions: Comptech and FTA4PA
Rick is a two faced liar, he turned on me tonight after 20 years and hides from my requests asking why. A simple question to a post he has as a sticky people are trying to take the forum down and I agreed and told him there are some that are, bingo, IP banned. He is alot deeper into it than his site suggests

Probably happened cuz you haven' t been buying enough of those junk receivers he's been selling ad nauseam!! IMHO the only ppl he cares about are those who spend money with him!

Oh, and for the record I was a member there a few years ago for 3 months before I ever made my first post and got banned when I did that???

Just saying.................

Reactions: c-spand
When i first went on that site i was posting alot of feeds and it annoyed the Mike guy he was pissed and wasn't nice at all. I think they deleted some of his posts. I even put up a correction of a misspelled word Mike had put up just trying to help out and some guy came up and said i was an ass for correcting mike and blah blah blah. I find it strange everytime the Mike guy post a feed it seems to get scrambled. I like it here more folks here and nice chats. I really do not post there much anymore because of the people being mean.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Lone Gunman, I bought plenty from Rick. The problem was a new forum came along run by a member of Rick's and a banned member here. I was invited ans was active for a couple months until I called him out on some lies. Next thing I know, my account at Rick's is hacked and I am booted. This was around Febuary. Iresponded by email to Rick, but got now answer. In April, I get a email saying I want to set you back up on the forum with a different user name and pass. I said OK and all was good for a little bit. Next thing I know Rick forwards me a email sent to him by the king of the bullshitters Mr. Bud, who by the way has been banned for months at Rick's, saying I was out to get him and he should ban me, ect, he said this using my new name on the forum. Rick then replied, to me I tried to help you, but you are giving out your location, you need to stop. Guess Rick thinks upstate SC is 10 square miles. Anyway, I said I am not going to hide in fear, if I want to give a general location, I will. Hence the IP ban. He wants me there, but his ego is to big and his balls to small to handle the situation of two people that are trying to take down his forum.
I named one of those people, the other one's name has something to do with winter sports. Some of you old timers like me will catch on and remember.

I'm still a member there. I don't go there often. Folks here are much more helpful and friendly. Current $$ situation has kept me from supporting the site, but I still consider it each year. I have no equipment set up right now, but have started the hunt for reflectors in serviceable condition. I'm in far NE DFW area if anyone has leads on anything available.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I will agree with you 1000 %. He got me I had been dealing with him for years, but when I purchase thing from him that didn't work HE REFUSED to give me my money back, and posted my email on his site and then banned my ip.. So let me get this straight I purchase something that didn't work, he get mad go crazy like a little child tell everyone about it. Unfreakin real, he is nothing but a liar and once he gets your money unless you use your credit card forget it.

Therefore I am going to referral now on as "RICK SHACK" like Radio Shack when they were going out of business junk products and no refunds. I would never ever buy anything from him, either EBAY China or Amazon.. Way to go Rick your Childless immature behavior poor business practice is just costing a lot of money. Well he runs with business from his house, and has storage area where he ships from, I guess what do we expect.

I had a chap c/ku feedhorn go out after 2 weeks. The metal thing inside stopped rotating. I don't know the name of it. Never could get a refund or a replacement. Chap was out of business even then a few years ago so that angle couldn't be played. I was bummed.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Need2learn
When i first went on that site i was posting alot of feeds and it annoyed the Mike guy he was pissed and wasn't nice at all. I think they deleted some of his posts. I even put up a correction of a misspelled word Mike had put up just trying to help out and some guy came up and said i was an ass for correcting mike and blah blah blah. I find it strange everytime the Mike guy post a feed it seems to get scrambled. I like it here more folks here and nice chats. I really do not post there much anymore because of the people being mean.
Ricks board gets monitored by the uplinkers . Especially FOX. I used to get PMs all the time. FOX told me the feeds started scrambling in 2010 was because of the site but lots of people dispute that outside that network.
Yes, lots of feeds get scrambled . Sometimes feeds get unscrambled too but not very much.
I delete my own posts. Only a few have been done by the moderators, I go thru forums and delete about once every 3 months. Maybe 500 to 1000 a year.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Sad
Reactions: c-spand
It is not unusual for a forum like this, that you can only modify/edit your posts till about maximum one hour (or so) after posting.
For corrections, typos, additions, or second thoughts, etc.
That I find a very healthy principle, to secure the content continuity of the forum.

That, I believe, is also the case, here?
Don't know about the other forum, though.

Greetz,
A33

But the guy Rick is a trader... don't do business with him... listen to the people that have.. Never again for me...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts