Your 622... Shipped or with Installer?

How did your 622 arrive?

• Shipped to me

Votes: 129 90.2%
  • Installer brought it

Votes: 14 9.8%

• Total voters
I received my 622 via UPS on 2/16 for my 2/21 install. I didn't receive a tracking # when getting my 721 (2 years ago) or for my 622.

When I ordered 622 on 2/1, I was told it could not be shipped direct - installer would bring it. After reading this thread, I e-mailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and got a nice reply back 37 minutes later from Natalie, saying it shipped to my house, with tracking info showing it will arrive TOMORROW!!!

Install date is still set at 3/4/06 (as far as I know...)

Seems to be a familiar theme!

Last edited:
Ordered 622 on 2-1. It arrived some time last week via someone since it was sitting in front of my door. Nice hole in box too. Anyway, installer came today and did what I expected... Didn't have the bloody workorder for the frickin 1000. Then there was the long debate over the phone with CSR about what type of dish I needed. Installer says since I have Superdish, I just need 129 degree dish, and not 1000. CSR says, no, need 1000. Geez. Anyway, have appt for 1000 for this Sat 2-25 for probably a hanger and some foil. Other than not having any HD channels... I LOVE THIS THING SO FAR!!!

Installer came today. Everything went fine except when he dropped my 622 on the floor. It didn't fall far and the floor is carpeted- but geez what an idiot! Everything got hooked up and ran fine but I haven't had much chance to play with it since I had to leave for work. I'll post more once I do. I made sure to take a quick look at all the new HD content- sweet!

leemathre said:
You don't have an option for picking it up at my retailers and installing it myself.
The poll's only for people leasing equipment, I'm assuming that the only way to get a leased receiver is have it shipped to you or have the installer bring it (though the poll makes it look like it WILL be shipped).

After to emails to ceo at echostar, I got a response...

They gave me a tracking number. It shipped on the 20th with an attempted delivery yesterday. We use our garage to enter/exit the house, so if there's not an obvious package at the front door we won't notice it.

I took an early lunch and - sure enough - there was an attempted delivery slip dated yesterday on the door. It said it had to be signed for in person, but I penned out a quick plea on the slip for them to stick it on the back porch (worked before with a $800 DVD Changer) and alternately gave them an option to leave it at some neighbors we trust across the street (who should be home).

Worse case, I'll have to arrange for a "will call" at the UPS hub, which is only a couple miles from the house. My install's a week from tommorrow, and all I have is a Dish 500 and an old single LNB dish (currently connected to nothing) so I'll need an installer to pull this off anyway.

It's nice to know that I'll have half of the hardware solution. Hopefully the installer's work order is properly spec'd out!

Last edited:
Arrived Safely

Well - my 622 is now safe and sound inside my home - was delivered today by UPS. Like most others, now i have to wait 9 more days until my install. :(

But at least I have it in my possession.

oK SOMEBODY SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME, i CALLED AGAIN TODAY TO SEE WHERE MY 622 WAS, i ORDERED AND PAID FOR IT ON 2/10, sorry about caps, anyway I finally got a UPS tracking number out of them, I went to UPS site to track package and sure enough it was shipped today out of Colorado and showing delivery date of 2/28, great right? NO, the weight on the package is only 2lbs??? whats this the empty box for the 811 return, anybody who got the 622 already or a tracking number tell me if they showed a 2lb weight also?

Mine showed 17 lbs and was delivered today (per UPS tracking, it's either on the back porch or at the neighbors). I have not received a box for the 322 I'm turning-in, though. CSR said installer would take it...

email ceo at echostar dot com for resolution.

My father's came direct to his house, and mine is supposedly coming to me direct as someone at the exec office gave me a tracking number that doesn't work yet, so it should be here by Monday I'm guessing..... (which is when my HDMI to DVI adapter is showing up anyway - with new cables costing $150 for what I already have with my 12 ft. DVI to DVI cable, the $25 adapter I found should work just fine.)

Unclesalty
I recieved the 17lb box (the 622) about a week AFTER the empty 2lb box.
Hang in there...
Don't bother calling, try e-mailing ceo@dishnetwork.com
I got a resply in less than an hour, as have many others here.
(give 'em your account #, address, phone #)

622 Installation Thoughts

Ordered the 622 upgrade last Saturday, 2/18. The installation is scheduled for 3/5. I received my 622 via UPS today, 2/24. What I'm wondering is, would I lose my install date if I activated it now in single receiver mode given that ultimately, to have it work in dual receiver mode, I need both my SW-64 switch and my legacy LNB's replaced so the coax output can be split to each receiver and I want to them to install an OTA antenna that I am supplying? I will call DISH when I have some time to wait on hold to get the answer. :confused:

Well all I can say is they blow, I am seriously considering cancelling my service all together, its not the fact that someone ordered 8 days after me and have there 622 already, or that they have an install scheduled a week before me, hell there are people who ordered a week before me that still dont have theres, the thing that really pisses me off is the run around and the 5 different stories you get when you call to find out what the hell is going on, this whole thing is a big joke, you shouldnt sell a product if you dont have it and have no idea when you are going to have it, the customer is the only one that suffers.

I goofed and answered Installer based on information from a CSR. I received my 622 last Friday with a scheduled install of March 4.

Question:

I have Dishes at 148, 61.5 and 110/119. I live in Eastern Washington and have heard horror stories about the DISH 1000 in the Seattle area. Do I need or even want the DISH 1000?

622 arrived to my office just now. Now I am just waiting for my HDMI-DVI adapter (I ordered it myself from a third party source) so I can reuse my existing 12 ft. DVI-DVI cable that I had with my 921.....

Otherwise it is mucho bucks for a new cable at most retailers..... (I know, cheaper alternatives available online)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)