Please reply by conversation.

WSInternational

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 24, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
SatelliteGuys,

As a business owner, I always try to improve everything, both on a personal level and business level.

As you know, I have sponsored this forum for a little bit over 6 months now and to be honest, I'm glad that I decided to do it. By now, many of you have done business with my company either through our retail site www.Galaxy-Marketing.com or if you are a reseller/installer, through www.wsidigital.com.

This is where I want your honest opinion: If you have dealt with us, I'd like to know about your experience. Please share it, whether it's good or bad. Whether our websites has enough information and content as far as support and user-friendliness, etc....I also want to know if you would like to see something different from us. If you think we can improve on something, or change something that would benefit both you & us, please share it. I guess what I want is to get your opinion about our service & product line from every possible angle.

I'd like to thank every single SatelliteGuys member for your support of both us and the forum. With out you, we would not be around. It's your support that has allowed us to grow and be successful, & to financially support this incredible information source. Even though I try, I don't think I say it as often as I should. I personally thank every single person here for your business. I appreciate it very much.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

I would say "excellent" even though my last name was misspelled on one of the shipping labels. Keep up the good work.:D

I voted excellent, but really I'd say between OK and excellent. My only reservations are that you are relatively new to me, compared with Sadoun, for example, but my transactions with WSI have been just fine. I simply haven't had any "after the sale" issues that required further support and solutions. Mighty glad to have you guys around, Robby.

I would say excellent.

I have recieved many items from WSI & Galaxy and havent had any issues. Really like the 1.2m dish you have and now with the newer model (that a motor can work with) that is impressive :)

The only problem I had with one of my orders was that the website had not been updated for a motor that was no longer available. The website took the order, but I ended up having to return a call for this information and cancel the order. The other I have made orders went smooth.

Even though I've only ordered one item in the past with WSI I was impressed, timely delivery and ease in ordering. With me currently is your willingness to bring new products online and availible to us. Improved dishes, LNBs and receivers are what this hobby thrieves on. The Company that steps forward and invests in the new products and marketing will win out in these testing times!

Your willingness to keep an open dialog with the end customer is what it takes to be a step ahead of the rest. You are A+ in my mind! Don't give up the R&D for new products!

Well I had the same experience as ghia above. I ordered a motor no longer available.
I received a phone call and was offered another motor for the same price that was listed
at a higher price. The motor I received works well and I'm happy. Would also say excellent !

I would say Excellent too. I ordered a Cband LNB and It out performed many others. Infact, I would say that WSI Cband LNB's are the only ones I use now. The only downside is on the Consumer site (galaxy marketing) wich needs a redesign.

I Placed an order online earlier this week - your web site said you always get approval on the shipping charges prior to shipment. I received a UPS notice that the order has shipped - but no notice in any way as to what the shipping charges are.
Bob

I placed an order for a C/KU LNB and actually ordered the wrong one. One of the workers saw me talking about the LNB and called me to alert me that the LNB I was talking about in the thread was different then the one I ordered and if I really meant to order that one.

Yup I made a mistake ordering, yet they caught it and fixed it and I got the right LNB. :)

Excellent service!

I had ordered 2-LNBF's and while on the phone inquired about a replacement LNBF holder for my dish and he supplied me with one. Extremely nice to speak to and talk about Satelliteguys.

Just one thing to tell him.....

Thank You for sponsoring the forum.

My interactions have been excellent. About the only suggestion I'd make is to post prices on your site rather than having to email for them.

You don't need the extra labor to quote each prospective order, and I'm sure your "hit" ratio would increase if some folks didn't have the extra day to think about it.

I haven't used the web-order system.
I did phone up one day and order some hardware directly from Robby.
It was a very enjoyable chat*, and would have to say the service was excellent.
Asking for input from customers, opinions, etc... that goes a long way to give the best possible impression.

I've also PM'd him about some minor matters/ideas, and been well received.
Not something you want to make a habit of doing to a business man, so I'm not recommending it. :rolleyes:

And on the plus side for Robby, his exposure here to so many sat-hungry customers, must generate quite a bit of business.
What other forum has more resources for helping users, be they newbies or old-timers.?.

Now to one negative. I won't say much, but the Galaxy web site is hard to use, and gaudy.
That became much more noticeable when I went looking through the site for the $500 Coupon contest.
Taking a general tour to see everything available was quite a chore.
I was going to PM Robby about it in private, but since the question was asked, that's the answer. :cool:

* - Now, in fairness, I've also talked to three other Gold Sponsors over the years (incl DishStore), and been treated like family, too.
Kudos to Scott, I guess. He really knows how to pick 'em! - :up

All of my interactions have been without a hitch.

I don't know how much better your service for me can be much better... Unless you can ship a voluptuous blonde in a cake to my door as well! :) Yeah, I'd like that!

Maybe I would give you a higher rating than "excellent" if you did. LOL

Seriously though, when you guys (as sponsors) interact with us consumers and it becomes hard to tell you apart from our other members and friends, there is no doubt that you care about our hobby and our endeavors.

You guys and gals (sponors) are just as interested in what we are doing as we ourselves are. When you guys chime in on a discussion, you do so because you enjoy this hobby just as much as we do. That makes the biggest difference to us.

Many thanks to all of you,

RADAR

Excellent...

Last year when I was shopping around for a "PortaBUD", I considered the 8 footer offered by WSI. What really got my interest was that freight shipping was offered at an incredible discount. In the end, though, I couldn't go with an 8 footer, due to portability and weight concerns. However, I must say that the price quote, including freight shipping, was extremely enticing! The items I received from a WSI contest that I won were shipped very quickly, and arrived in perfect condition. I would certainly consider them for future FTA purchases.

Very satisfied with all aspects of my dealings with WSI/Galaxy. Appreciate their sponsorship of this forum, Robby & Co. deserve the "Gold" rating. Would/will do business with again. :up

Robby

I'm very impressed with your product line, pricing, level of service and friendly open attitude. I'm also pleased to hear your desire to extend and improve your products at the time when others would rather wait for a better economic climate. That's how the economy state can be improved in my understanding - by own innovation across the board and departure from dependence on funding from other countries.

Since you ask to report some product issues, here is my 2 cents:

When I bought your WS24 bracket, it was advertised as 4-to-12 degree two sat positions adjustment capable, but in fact I had a hard time adjusting to even 9 degrees, not 12 at all. I did notice however: you mentioned at that time, it was designed to match a particular WS dish model (now I can't find that statement), so may provide different adjustment with other dishes. Also, I had to use an angled hand made wooden wedge inside the bracket's grove to incline the out of focus 2-nd LNB a bit down for better reception.

Hence the suggestions:
- Could you provide such a small adjustable reversible plastic angle wedge with the bracket that would fit and can slide inside its groove? You would need to supply longer screws for the 2-d LNB mounting;
- Can you extend the bracket a bit to allow for true 12 degree adjustment?

On a positive note, despite being made out of plastic, its sturdy enough to withstand a pigeon (that's common pain) and the out of focus LNB returns to original inclination angle after the pigeon's departure (his presence hardly affects though the signal Q). ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)