Your opinion counts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
old skool

I assume your request is serious, so here's a serious answer:

Well, I see what you are doing.
It's cute, but also kinda busy. It has that pop-up-like-annoying feel to it.
Your new test style does work well, and is better than many others who've tried it.

I tend to favor the old style, in part because it's quite clear, very functional, and if a visitor notices , he can actually click on the Receivers/Dishes/Meters/Motors headers and get to see the entire line.
I use that feature quite often.

Some negatives about the new test style:
- sometimes the pop-out goes off screen, and that's a bitch
- trying to drag a pointer (especially with a laptop) to the right and down one of those pop-outs is challenging.

The old style could use some clean-up.
I'd get rid of that ugly blue mottled background.
It's not nearly as bad as this site, but it's gettin' close, and makes yours look dated.

If I may suggest, why not just give the existing selection area a little make-over with new background, maybe text-color, and call it good? :cool:

Well, that's one lizard's review.
I look forward to new ideas that others will bring to the party.

I like the new look , and the menus seem to be logical. Lots of flash (getting flash plugin to work on a 64bit browser takes some doing) but then the old site always was easy to navigate for me. Sorry guess that doesn't help much lol.

like the old version , works good

new version has a windows feel but , i never liked the timing thing anyway. pop downs on the right side cover links , so you have to move off to see the links

if its not broke.

I like the new and the old, both work great for me.

Not sure how you are doing the new menu (didn't take time to look at code), but it's how I setup the menus in one of my company intranet sites. You using CSS to generate it or mouse-over stuff or something else? I like the CSS method of doing it if that is the method you choose.

Honestly though, I think you posted here just to remind me I need to buy something from you! :) It's been a while.

.. I like the CSS method of doing it if that is the method you choose..

Yes, I used CSS and JS.

I am very glad to hear your feedback guys. The old navigation has been working great and we receive many compliments about it. I thought maybe cleaning up the page a little by changing the menu would help. So far most reviews prefer the older navigation, and I kinda agree.

Like Anole said "The old style could use some clean-up" :D

If you have more feedback, let me know.

Thanks for the feed back. Most people like the original version. I have kept the original version but added a drop down menu on the home page only.

See home page

Wht do you think now?

The blue drop-downs are a lot less bothersome than the pop-outs on the side from the previous test.
They work well, and seem to give good direction to the visitor.
Will be interesting to see if rv1pop finds them operational, objectionable, or acceptable. ;)

What did you do? (Or maybe it was T-mobile..) The home page now loaded even faster then before. But it has been cloudy and rainy so the solar has not kept my batteries up, so I have to get off line before I loose power so can not check too much more. --- Do the F connector couplings have jamb nuts for bulkheads? And how long are they? Powering down in 30 secs!

I'll vote for the one that Finally gets a Conical Scaler Ring. I keep returning and reading this: This item will arrive soon. Bookmark this page and visit us again in the near future to inquire about this item.
Now I guess I can return to both and hope for the best.......
Seems like I've been waiting for years!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)