Your opinion - Do steroids help baseball players?

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Too much is being melded into the steroids thread here, it goes all over the chart. So here is my question...do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?

What's your opinion?

Please try to stay on this topic.

Thanks.

Sandra

Too much is being melded into the steroids thread here, it goes all over the chart. So here is my question...do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?

What's your opinion?

Thanks.

Sandra
Yes, I think it has contributed an awful lot. Ballparks, equipment, and the level of talent haven't changed that much over the years. Something is adding to the ability of players to post such huge stats. Sure as hell ain't Wheaties!

Give me a break. Of course steroids helped. Why do you think Afraud used them? They give you an advantage during the year . You're also not as worn down during the playoffs. The only people who defend them are Yankee fans.

i'll try to keep this simple. to me steroids since it does make you stronger can help you hit the ball further out of the park but that's pretty much it. it wont help you're eyes when it comes to aiming and hitting the ball. you still need to have skills to be as good as some of these player are or were. do i agree with taking steroids? no. does it make you that much of a better baseball player? to me, no.

Look at how these guys like McGwire and Bonds have changed from their early years of limited success to their record breaking years. They've gone from having arms like a normal athlete to having ones like Popeye and Brutus for pete's sake. Those are not changes that take place solely in the gym or from getting older. You can even see the difference in A-Rod's build from his early days to now. I bet he still takes them!

You're actually asking two different questions here. The thread title: Do steroids help baseball players? and
do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?
I feel the answer to both questions is YES.

Do steroids help baseball players?
If PEDs did not help these athletes in some way, then why would they risk their future health and inject, rub, swallow, etc. these substances?? Don't believe their claims that they were ignorant to those risks.

do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?
The players that have admitted to and are under suspicion of taking these PEDs were established players and already had certain baseball skills before using. These players became stronger and were able to recover faster from injuries which helped their numbers improve.

I'd say Yes. . But for they one guys comments about it being alright to Yankees fans because he plays on the Yankees well thats the only reason its is such a big deal. If he sucked as a baseball player ,then him taking Steroids would be Ok.

Of course they do. The players wouldn't be injecting/ingesting substances with harmful side-effects just for the hell of it.

Yes

They dont help you hit a ball, but in the case of some players it helped them from breaking down phyically as a 38 or 39 year old player may expect to do with the rigours of baseball

Anyone who answers, "No" is wrong.

I think it's a consensus. Everyone said Yes. I'm surprised the dancing Latino hasn't somehow tried to plead his case against this.

Simple answer to a simple question.

Q: Do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?

A: Yes

What's your opinion?

Thanks.

Sandra

You are asking TWO questions...EVEN YOU cannot stay on topic...your already starting off by confusing the issue.;)

Do steroids help ANYONE? Depending ON the steroids, it can help ANY human body to recoup from a serious injury much faster. NOW, as to your thread title, "do steroids help baseball players?" YES....to recoup and make them stronger. DOES that help hitting home runs? YES and NO. YES because they are stronger. Most of the guys were or had the power to hit 20 or 30 homers....Do they become INSTANT home run hitters? NO. So if you went from 15 homers to 25 homers...are you suddenly a home run hitter? Why hasn't helped a pitcher throw 10 to 15 mph faster?

For every Sammy Sosa, McGuire, Bonds and A-Rod you give me....I give you Paul Le Duca, Randy Velarde, Fernando Vina and Brian Roberts! ALL were in the Mitchell Report for taking steroids...ONLY Paul had a season over 18 hrs...and that was once!

Now your 2nd question, "do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?" YES and NO. OTHER than steroids, I firmly believe, harder, tightly wound balls...I know some will think this a BS argument, but WHY would there be conversations of a "deal ball era", did they take steroids right after that??!! I mean the jump in offense was OVER 40%....MUCH bigger jump than during the steroids era of the 90s and 00s...smaller ballparks and the OTHER big one, extremely waterdown pitching had ALOT to do with homer numbers being high.

Of course they do. The players wouldn't be injecting/ingesting substances with harmful side-effects just for the hell of it.

You are confusing the steroids taken by football players to the types taken by baseball players...and the dosages. IF I am not mistaken, not one baseball player has died due to steroids.

You are confusing the steroids taken by football players to the types taken by baseball players...and the dosages. IF I am not mistaken, not one baseball player has died due to steroids.

Ken Caminiti.

Caminiti died from "acute intoxication due to the combined effects of cocaine and opiates," but coronary artery disease and cardiac hypertrophy (an enlarged heart) were also contributing factors.

Steroids played a part in his death.

And since this roid-boom took place recently in the 1990's, I'm sure the story isn't yet finished on this subject. It will be interesting to see how all these roided ex-players wear down as they age later in life.

Ken Caminiti.

Caminiti died from "acute intoxication due to the combined effects of cocaine and opiates," but coronary artery disease and cardiac hypertrophy (an enlarged heart) were also contributing factors.

Steroids played a part in his death.

And since this roid-boom took place recently in the 1990's, I'm sure the story isn't yet finished on this subject. It will be interesting to see how all these roided ex-players wear down as they age later in life.

Steroids played a part....but NO WHERE will you find a doctor say that it was THE MAIN reason. Nice try though. It was MOSTLY because of his enlarged heart and the HEAVY COCAINE abuse he did to his body.

Steroids played a part....but NO WHERE will you find a doctor say that it was THE MAIN reason. Nice try though. It was MOSTLY because of his enlarged heart and the HEAVY COCAINE abuse he did to his body.

What does this have to do with the original question:

"Do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?"

It's yes or no. There's no gray area on this. You can't answer both, it's one or the other.

What does this have to do with the original question:

"Do you think the incredible home run numbers in the 90's and 00's are the result of players taking steroids?"

It's yes or no. There's no gray area on this. You can't answer both, it's one or the other.

I was talking about Ken Caminiti...since YOU brought him up. Don't you even see what you post?:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts