Your opinion - Do steroids help baseball players?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not sure if this post goes here, but anyways....Bud Selig is the biggest hypocryite(sp) around.

What A-rod did was wrong, and all those that got the advantage of steroids were wrong too. But Bud light sure did not have much to say during the home run chase of Mcguire and Sosa...Its now years after the fact and if one name was released why are the other 106 not disclosed as well?? Must be nice to pick and choose when you are "saddened by the revelations"
Well, to be fair, a hell of a lot has come out since McGwire/Sosa went at it. Back then I think everyone, including the fans, just wanted to ignore that it might be a problem.

But then again, anyone who continues to call himself "Bud" when "Miller" sponsers his team must be a jerk. ;)

Suspending A-ROID would be like closing barn door after the horse ran away. Just give all the past users immunity so that we can give this some closure. Lifetime bans for anyone caught after April 1st, including the minor leagues. 2 year bans for any draft picks who test positive after being picked, (that should stop the real problem, our children following the wrong path). As for the record books, well I guess the numbers stand. Everyone has their own opinions on this matter anyhow. Asterisks won't matter, just the same as they didn't when Maris set his record. A lot of people still believe Ruth to be the true record holder. (I'm not one of them). If we are going to separate these numbers, why not include the "deadball"era, before integration, the "greenie" era, etc....It would be impossible to figure out what was "juiced" and what wasn't. (I'm positive about Bond's, McGuire's, and Sosa's ridiculous HR numbers, but this is the price of ending this BS. For me Maris and Aaron are the record holders.) These records won't stand forever anyhow, few records do.

The thing is that this happened. It's more important that it ends now. If the union has a problem, let'em walk. I seriously doubt that the American public will support them. If most of them are "juice" free, this shouldn't be a problem for them. I'd wan't to clear my name and the game. Majority rules, right?

Who will foot the bill for all this testing? You already know.

END THE STEROID ERA NOW!

Suspending A-ROID would be like closing barn door after the horse ran away. Just give all the past users immunity so that we can give this some closure. Lifetime bans for anyone caught after April 1st, including the minor leagues. 2 year bans for any draft picks who test positive after being picked, (that should stop the real problem, our children following the wrong path). As for the record books, well I guess the numbers stand. Everyone has their own opinions on this matter anyhow. Asterisks won't matter, just the same as they didn't when Maris set his record. A lot of people still believe Ruth to be the true record holder. (I'm not one of them). If we are going to separate these numbers, why not include the "deadball"era, before integration, the "greenie" era, etc....It would be impossible to figure out what was "juiced" and what wasn't. (I'm positive about Bond's, McGuire's, and Sosa's ridiculous HR numbers, but this is the price of ending this BS. For me Maris and Aaron are the record holders.) These records won't stand forever anyhow, few records do.

The thing is that this happened. It's more important that it ends now. If the union has a problem, let'em walk. I seriously doubt that the American public will support them. If most of them are "juice" free, this shouldn't be a problem for them. I'd wan't to clear my name and the game. Majority rules, right?

END THE STEROID ERA NOW!

More noble thoughts...from fantasy land. The MLBPA would never even discuss this.

Sandra

Here is a real approach to attacking steroid use in baseball

Created a separate thread instead.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts