Your Voices HAVE been heard!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It lets you watch YOUR live TV anywhere.

DISHONLINE without a Sling Adapter lets you watch on demand shows and movies... if you have a Sling Adapter then you can access and watch your DVR including the recordings on your DVR plus Live TV from your receiver.

It lets you watch YOUR live TV anywhere.

DISHONLINE without a Sling Adapter lets you watch on demand shows and movies... if you have a Sling Adapter then you can access and watch your DVR including the recordings on your DVR plus Live TV from your receiver.

ouch!! can you say, "usage cap"???

please ignore my lack of knowledge. what can you use a sling adapter for? can you watch stuff while away from home? isn't that what dishonline does?

as a rarity, i am being serious this time.

It let's you watch what is on YOUR receiver.

Well... I only have one 722 and I already bought my Sling Adapter on Day One.

Now, if Dish would make more receivers compatible with it... In my case having it work on a 612 would be really nice and I could use two more. ;) Maybe with Tivo trick play integrated into the 6x2 receivers they'll be fast enough for the Sling Adapter. Or am I dreaming?

Man, I'll be traveling on business on May 25th. I'm really considering applying for this offer, if it ships quick, but the caveat is that in a month or so I am really thinking of jumping ship to Directv. I'm going to read the fine print about having to be a customer of Dish by the time the rebate is paid.

I've read all the details from Scott and other posts, but just to be sure I'm not missing something we are on the Top 200 plan, been DIsh customers for several years now, have a 722 with broadband, plus given we have HD 4 Life our bill is auto pay so we've never been late. Given all this am I missing a catch? After May 18th we just buy a Sling Adapter, fill out the rebate online, and get our $99 back in a few months? I don't mind marketing emails, that's what email filters are for, but what's the catch???

If not then yes, hell hath frozen over ;)

OK, this old guy is a little confused (what's new?), I have a 722k, so if I order the Sling Adapter it will allow me to not only view my what is on my 722k on my computer, but also allow me to have HD on my son's TV, which uses tuner 2? Without having to have any other "Sling" equipment?
Please type slowly so I will understand.
Thanks,
Ghpr13:)

ckhalil18 said:
Nope, that would be the sling extender. But if you have a 722 or a 722k, then you will need the sling adapter as well as the sling extender.

See above post. Extender gets TV2 in HD, adapter let's you watch on computer and phone.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

ckhalil18 said:
See above post. Extender gets TV2 in HD, adapter let's you watch on computer and phone.

One caveat, with your 722 you'll need both a sling adapter (to send the HD signal) and a sling extender (to receive the slinged HD signal) to enable TV2 in HD for your son's TV.

If you had a 922, the only additional equipment you'd need would be the extender.

I hope that helps clarify things.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

One caveat, with your 722 you'll need both a sling adapter (to send the HD signal) and a sling extender (to receive the slinged HD signal) to enable TV2 in HD for your son's TV.

If you had a 922, the only additional equipment you'd need would be the extender.

Thanks for pointing that out, but still 922 people payed $200 and another $4 more a month and what exacualy are they getting for the extra they put out? Will 922 owners get a free extender when they come out? I doubt it!!!!

Thank you both for your answers. I think dangue typed slower and I was able to understand better from his answer. :D

One more quick question. How much does the Sling Extender sell for?
Thanks again,
Ghpr13:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)