Your Voices HAVE been heard!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What about those of us that bought it when it first came out, are we eligible to get our 100 bucks back too? Now that would be awesome!

No it does not work with the 622. 722/722k only.
Nice. So I would probably end up having to pay for a leased receiver upgrade to replace my owned 622, to make this free device work. Unless one of the DIRT team are feeling generous and can snag me an owned 722 or 722k with OTA adapter. :)

Yes it is $99, which you have to pay up front... but you get a $99 American Express Gift Card as a rebate.

More details coming...

I'm holding off excitement until I read what all the details are. I'm sure as soon as I would get excited about it, I would find out that I'm not qualified to get one.

Here are some details...

How does a customer qualify?

To qualify for the Sling Offer, your customer must be in good standing as a DISH customer and opt in to receive DISH marketing emails. They will also need a broadband?connected ViP722 or ViP722k HD Duo DVR along with one of the following programming packages: America’s Top 200, America’s Top 250, America’s Everything Pak, DISH America Silver, DISH America Gold, DishLATINO Dos, and DishLATINO Max. Customers must also purchase the Sling Adapter by January 31, 2012.

How does a customer redeem this offer?

Customers can redeem the offer 45 days after purchasing the Sling Adapter by going to dishnetwork.com?> My Account?> Get Sling Adapter Rebate. The offer will expire 30 days after redemption period begins. New customers who have purchased the Sling Adapter at the time of sale will receive a courtesy email from DISH with instructions on how to redeem the offer.

Does a customer need to have a ViP722 or ViP722k to qualify for this offer?

Yes. The Sling Adapter is only compatible with the ViP722 and ViP722k receivers.

When does a customer need to purchase a Sling Adapter to qualify for this offer?

This offer is valid from May 18th, 2011 through January 31, 2012.

Who does the customer contact if they do not receive their $99 gift card?

Once customers have requested the rebate, they can log in to the DISH Rewards Website (DISH Rebate Center) to check on its status.

Once the customer requests their Sling Adapter rebate through dishnetwork.com, how long will it take for the gift card to be mailed to them?

8?10 weeks.

I thought at Summit they told us it was for new and existing customers already. Maybe I missed something.

I thought at Summit they told us it was for new and existing customers already. Maybe I missed something.
Nope, infact I asked quite a few times and was told the same thing... new customers only.

Glad to see they are listening and have had a change of heart. :) This is GREAT PR for the company... now if they had a plan for upgrading people with 622's to 722's who want to Sling It! :D

... now if they had a plan for upgrading people with 622's to 722's who want to Sling It! :D
That's where I am, using an owned 622 with no real plans to upgrade.

Will Dish or Dishstore consider a trade-in (622 applied toward a purchase of a 722)? That's something I'd probably do in a heartbeat. I'm also needing HD for TV2 (haven't purchased that TV yet but it's imminent) so I'm looking for alternatives. Sling adapter / sling extender are of interest here, but not until I resolve the 622 -> 722 transition first.

BTW - Does the subject deal in any way impact the contract, or more specifically does it require someone like me who currently has no contract to enter a new one? That wouldn't necessarily be a show-stopper for me, but I need to factor that in especially if a receiver upgrade DOES require a new contract...

Well with most upgrades you would be renewing a 24 months commitment. I would talk to a retailer and see what cost they can out a 722 in for you.

I've opted in for Dish emails for a long time now, and they DO NOT overwhelm you. It's not a bad experience at all. You get a few emails a month that actually do contain some decent information. The email opt in is a fair compromise.

Thanks for the info. If there is no commitment I will consider it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)