Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
I have a P* dish/LNB on the 0khz side of a Zinwell 4x4 switch that works fine on both polarities. On the 22k side I have a DBS dish for the occasional freebies. Connected directly to the receiver this dish works fine but thru the switch (22k side) nothing. I made sure this sat's settings included "22k on" in the setup menu. Any thoughts on what's happening here?

What kind of LNBs are on the DBS dish? Do the DBS LNBs work on the 22 kHz-off side of the switch and/or do the P* LNBs work on the 22 kHz-on side?

Do the DBS LNBs work on the 22 kHz-off side of the switch and/or do the P* LNBs work on the 22 kHz-on side?
I had dual-output P* H/V style LNBs on both sides before I connected the DBS dish. Nothing seems to work on the 22k side. I've also tried another Zinwell with the same result. I know the receiver puts out 22k tone 'cause my AMC-6 dish has a universal LNBF on it, that works properly (frequency band selection). :confused:

I had dual-output P* H/V style LNBs on both sides before I connected the DBS dish. Nothing seems to work on the 22k side. I've also tried another Zinwell with the same result. I know the receiver puts out 22k tone 'cause my AMC-6 dish has a universal LNBF on it, that works properly (frequency band selection). :confused:

Have you tried swapping the P* and DBS sides? Since the P* used to work on the 22Khz side, it seems like it should continue.

Did you try both outputs of the DBS directly or just one? The other might be hosing the switch. The switch + DBS might be drawing too much power as well.

Also did you try with the P* LNBs unplugged if the 22Khz side is working ok?

Have you tried swapping the P* and DBS sides? Since the P* used to work on the 22Khz side, it seems like it should continue.
I had 2 P* LNBs on it and the one on the 22k side didn't work from the beginning. Nothing has. I will try your other suggestions today, thanks.:)

I had 2 P* LNBs on it and the one on the 22k side didn't work from the beginning. Nothing has. I will try your other suggestions today, thanks.:)

Yeah, I misread it. I thought you mean it was working before and now nothing works on the 22Khz side. If you have one of the newer cheap analog meters, they have a 22Khz LED which should help confirm whether the receiver is outputting the 22Khz with this setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts