Zinwell 6X8 Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
Can the Directv Wb68 Dtv 6x8 Switch be used with 3 dual Output Linear (FTA) LNBs?

Attachments

• 41JfgYGA8EL.jpg
    41JfgYGA8EL.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 176
Thanks, guys! I just picked up 2 of those from Amazon for under $33 shipped!

I've also heard that the flex ports can be addressed by software, if you're using a PCI card FTA solution. I think I remember that Diseqc command line options would do the job. It's been a couple years since I saw that thread. :) See this thread, http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...xport-commands-zinwell-6x8-multiswitches.html .
Thanks for the link. I hope this helps with my DVB-S2 CA USB 2104D and switching issues. I will read through it and see what I can learn.

Shoot I find those for free on cable installs every now and then, havent kept any though except 1. I do have a nice assortment of 3x4 switches though :)

Do they require external power to operate? The Zinwells I have use a 24VDC wall wart that do not like inverters. They short out and then the inverter burns out.

That's the beauty of these.......they don't need external power supply.

Yep that makes em real nice not have to use external power, and these can be found free.

What will be Receiver ports/tone settings assuming the 6X8 is the only switch in the mix and connected to 2 dual output LNBs?

:eek: Where?!?!

Find someone who used to have DTV. I have found a few this way just stuck on the side of the house not being used anymore. People usually just give them to you. Look around for friends or family that used to have DTV especially if they had to have a wing dish in your area for locals or some other programming.

Ill remember to start saving these from now on and keep them for anyone that needs them (if I remember who it was)

If you come up with some, and have too many for your own needs, you can always start a "Random Act of FTA charity" thread in the FTA Shack. That's how we sometimes find homes for our excess baggage . :)

Add 4X1 to the mix

Can the 6X8 switch be cascaded with a 4X1 switch as demonstrated by Iceberg in this thread? How will this be setup in the receiver assuming 6 satellite with motorized KU and C-band.

Last edited:
Not using external power, is like not using your seatbelt.

Cascade: see post 9 of...Switches Simplified FAQ
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/134124-Switch-setups-simplified

And for more info on the switch, see this thread by Pendragon:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...6x8-Switch-with-Power-Insertion?highlight=6x8

Edit: we'll since you changed your question, let me add...
no receiver is ever going to see that switch as more than a 4x8.
And that is TWO LNBFs.
Getting the other two inputs to work at all, is contingent on custom programming of a card- or USB- based receiver.

iPhone

Last edited:
Any takers on post #17?

Edit: I didn't see post #18 before I posted this. Please, ignore! :eek::facepalm

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)