Zinwell Switches with Primestar LNBs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tort

On Vacation
Original poster
May 1, 2008
Well as I did my usual scavenging out of the local D* dumpster, pulled out a Zinwell SAM-4402-3A and as I was removing the RG6 cables, noticed that these were extremely thick RG6 cables with a very thick grounding wire...

RG6 cables read: PRIMESTAR 5788 DUAL RG-6 SATELLITE CABLE 2200 MHZ E113333 2/18 AWG COAX 1/17 AWG GROUND WIRE CM CL2 (UL) C(UL) CMH

This is the first time I've ever seen this cable, not even on the Primestar dishes I have lying around here.

My question, does anyone know the proper settings for running a Dual Output V H cable to the inputs on this Zinwell or the Zinwell 6x8 switches to run to the FTA receiver? I'm assuming someone had their Primestar dish switched to use with D* because as far as I know there were 2 RG6 cables coming off the LNB a dual cable, and then into the V and H connectors on the back of the Primestar receiver.

The 6x8 switch is really only useful as a 4x8, without Herculean efforts.
Connect V output of LNB to one of the 13 volt (Vert) input of the switch.
Connect H output of LNB to the 18 volt (Horiz) input of the switch, next to the previous cable.
Hook your receiver to any output.
Set the LO to 10750, as that is what all the Primestar LNBs do (in North America) so far as I know.
Go crazy. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts