2015 Dish Price Increase

Yup here is the info you seek!

Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 10.09.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 10.10.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 10.10.36 PM.png

No mention of the welcome pack if it is going up or not....suppose we'll find out.

I am more interested in, after every other compnies increase, will dish STILL be the lowest cost provider. If dish goes up $5 but so does everyone else, then you would be switching to a higher price.
Well charter states on their info that its 29.99 per for tv,hsi,and phone,for 12 months,don't think they will be increasing that on a promo.That gets back to what bothers me,all these big fee increases basically encourage customers to play the promotional roulette.Why not stop giving such big discounts to new subscribers,and stop with the constant yearly $5-$15 increases.Just seems to promote churn to me.

I don't have Dish anymore, but just for historical comparison, I remember when I subscribed to Dish in October 2004, I had gotten the Everything Package for $84.99 a month. Now over 10 years and the top 250 is going to be that same price (I don't remember what the top 250 price was back in '04), and the everything package is now going up to $131.99: a 55.3% increase in the last 10+ years.

Well the other site "that dare not speak it's name" said it was $5.00 across the board on all top programming packs and AEP and they were right. Well at least I still have my $25.00 off credit for another 5 months from the CNN dispute. Could of been a lot worse, but it is just going to push the cord cutting further . I am already at top 120 without the rsn, any further drop and I'm looking at one of the hd only packs to save money. Either way something needs to give. I think DISH should break the programming packs into smaller ones that can go for less money. At least then it might allow the current model to stretch a little further .

Well the other site "that dare not speak it's name" said it was $5.00 across the board on all top programming packs and AEP and they were right. Well at least I still have my $25.00 off credit for another 5 months from the CNN dispute. Could of been a lot worse, but it is just going to push the cord cutting further . I am already at top 120 without the rsn, any further drop and I'm looking at one of the hd only packs to save money. Either way something needs to give. I think DISH should break the programming packs into smaller ones that can go for less money. At least then it might allow the current model to stretch a little further .
I must ask...how the heck did you manage to get a $25 monthly credit?? And for what, 6 months? That's some good negotiating!! I'm really interested in how this went down, because I'm out of contract and ready to raise a ruckus to see what I can save.

Reactions: hemway
Best Buy sells the Tivo Roamio OTA unit outright for only $50. Then it's $14.95 a month for subscription. I'm going that way after my promos run out. None of these providers are doing anything but killing the market completely with constant price increases.

Along with FTA, and the stuff my smart tv gets, there's not much need for anything else.

I must ask...how the heck did you manage to get a $25 monthly credit?? And for what, 6 months? That's some good negotiating!! I'm really interested in how this went down, because I'm out of contract and ready to raise a ruckus to see what I can save.
I had three DISH accounts (mine/parents/aunt's, all in my name)and have been with them 18 years next month. Simply said that I was upset over losing CNN ,especially during the election and wanted to cancel because the prices and equipment fees are too high and he offered me the $25.00 for 6 months on two of my accounts . My aunt only has Welcome pack and Encore so I didn't even bother with that account. I just came off of having $20.00 off for 6 months before this. I call every 6 months to get what ever freebies and discounts I can . After all the equipment I have bought on all 3 accounts over the years, I think a discount is the least they can do .

Best Buy sells the Tivo Roamio OTA unit outright for only $50. Then it's $14.95 a month for subscription. I'm going that way after my promos run out. None of these providers are doing anything but killing the market completely with constant price increases.

Along with FTA, and the stuff my smart tv gets, there's not much need for anything else.
It sounds good ,but I like my hopper with primetime anytime feature. I could always keep the hopper and drop down to say the Welcome pack and still get all my network channels recorded nightly. I would also keep sd versions of HGTV for my wife and MSNBC and Syfy and Comedy central and I would pay $12.00 to do that. IF it weren't for the hopper and the PTAT feature, I would of dropped DISH a couple of years ago. That is really all that is keeping with them now.

Dang Charlie,are you trying to push me to Charter.Bet the churn rate goes way up in 2015.Can only squeeze so many dollars out of exisisting customers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Unfortunately, Dish profits have continued to rise despite past price increases and subscriber loss or hardly any subscriber gain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)