2015 Dish Price Increase

I certainly do not consider $9.13 per hour a living wage. That is a get by job until you can find something better. If that is pre-tax (FICA, Federal withholding, State withholding) and insurance, your netting a lot less, inching down toward poverty level ($11,490 for one person). I live in Alabama which has one of the lowest cost of living in the country, and there are a lot of folks that "get by" on that but "get by" is all they do.

Reactions: fhsucade07
That was gross. I'm not sure if the national average of $19,000 is gross or net. I would have to research that. But yea, the national average for what's considered a livin wage would break down to that $9.13. Again. That's Gross, not Net. I have to knock out some work before final tomorrow, but when I get a free moment, I'll see what articles I find and try and post them either here, or via PM.

Oh yea, that's based on a single income, 3 person family. It had been discussed in a group I was apart of awhile back, but the general agreement was a single mother with two children.

This is from a list that I have now. Some may have changed since I got this list.

Encore channels
American Heroes Channel
beIN Sports
Bloomberg
Boomerang
Chiller
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Dish Music
DIY
Fox Sports 2
Fusion
FX Movies
GAC
H2
Hallmark Movies
MoviePlex
mun2
Nat Geo Wild
Nicktoons
Outdoor channel
Rural TV
Sportsman Channel
TheBlaze
TMC
VH! Classic

Thats the issue, the channels I really would like are Cooking, VH1 Classics, Rural, Boomerang, Chiller.
You have to pay for all the other crap to get what you want.

Someone should post a list of channels that are in AT250 that are not in AT200.

I may drop down myself and cut the number of receivers in my house from 6 to 3.

Let me guess, the receivers in the kids rooms.

And for anyone else that wants to cut down on their bills, get rid of those boxes that get low use, with tons of programming on Tablets, Phones, iPod Touch, Computers, Rokus, etc., do you really need to be paying those monthly fees.

We now have two boxes, Living Room, Basement, the kids never watched anything on their boxes, always Netflix, Vudu, TV Everywhere apps, You Tube, etc., so those boxes went and they did not even noticed.

I've always said our kids will never have TVs in their room but I did relent to some degree. They still have no cable/satellite service, that's for sure. Our two oldest have hand-me-down TVs (one for XBox and whatever apps he can get through that) and the other has a hand-me-down Bluray player (with Netflix - an old version, no browsing - she has to 'add to queue' from a PC, etc). One or the other complained about the lack of selection so I handed them an antenna ! :biggrin

Reactions: charlesrshell
Bingo... almost.

The one in my older sons room is not being used as he is away at UCONN in college. (Although he is home now for a few weeks for the break)
The one in my younger son room he never watches TV... he just watches Mindcraft videos on is on his XBOX ONE.
And then there is one in the living room, the kids play video games down there a lot and if we watch TV down there its for an hour or two a week.

There is a TV in the kitchen that is using a Wireless Joey, which we don't need as we have an iPad in the kitchen and if my wife wants to watch TV in the kitchen she can use DISH Anywhere.

I can then take that Wireless Joey and move it to the living room. My older son can watch TV in the living room or take the wireless joey in his bedroom when he is home from college.

Oh yea, that's based on a single income, 3 person family. It had been discussed in a group I was apart of awhile back, but the general agreement was a single mother with two children.
Was that group financed by Wal-Mart:) sounds like what they would consider a good wage. Let the government take care of their other needs.

Lol. Oh you know Walmart is paying less then That for managers. That was average acrossed the country. I think it is a dumb study to be honest. Minimum wage should be each states responsibility. I think the federal minimum wage should be something around $8.30/hour, and leave it to each state to make up their own laws on minimum wage, or even county, as cost of living varies sooo greatly. It doesn't cost the same in Nm, as it does Ca, or Ny. It doesn't cost the same to live in Maricopa County, as it does in Yuma county here in AZ. So many variables, that this shouldn't be left directly to the Feds. At some point, states will have to accept responsibility, and do something about it. I am a firm believer in limiting government control over most things business. Most business settings for the consumer, should be regulated on a much smaller, more specific basis.

Was just told this by a Dish rep ~

"Starting with bills that generate on 01/15/15 (service period beginning 01/30/15), prices for most English Core and Latino Core packages will increase by $5 and Multi-Sport w/Redzone, will increase by $2 for existing customers."

It came from a Dish CSR, so accuracy not guaranteed. :)

Top 250 would also be a $ 5 increase, she tells me . .

That would explain my $7 increase - I have Top 250 but also subscribe to Multisport Pack.

This is from a list that I have now. Some may have changed since I got this list.

Encore channels
American Heroes Channel
beIN Sports
Bloomberg
Boomerang
Chiller
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Dish Music
DIY
Fox Sports 2
Fusion
FX Movies
GAC
H2
Hallmark Movies
MoviePlex
mun2
Nat Geo Wild
Nicktoons
Outdoor channel
Rural TV
Sportsman Channel
TheBlaze
TMC
VH! Classic
H2 has moved down, DIY and Cooking is suppose to move down.

BeIN and FS2 are in Multisport but only in SD.

Who owns Bloomberg? I want that moved down to 200 so I can watch Bloomberg West.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)