2015 Dish Price Increase

Dish America Silver. No e-mail yet regarding a price increase but I expect it to be $5. I'll probably hold steady as I enjoy the package and Dish has always given me good service. It is the cheapest way for me to get NBCSN which is huge for me with NHL and NASCAR coming in 2015. I also had a 722 die and was treated kindly with a new receiver not to mention Multi-Sport free for a year.

I wouldn't say a lot. Let's agree that they have atleast, a minimum of 100 pay channels in the AT250. Seems like a reasonable number to start off of. Now let's assume average price is $0.75 per channel(some more than $5 some less the. $0.25, so we can just agree average of $0.75). For those 100 channels, that's $75. We can even lower he average per channel. Let's say $0.50. That's still $50 for those 100 channels. Now they have to make a profit, not to mention all expenses. Their price point is right in line with what they need to charge for the AT250, even at $86.99 per month(if it goes that high).

Which is why cable companies also raise their prices just as much as Dish does. When the content creators get to raise prices every year, all the cable and DBS companies have no choice but to raise prices to cover.

Reactions: ChadT41
I haven't received it yet either. But it does confirm what the guy on the other forum said a couple of weeks ago. Not surprised.

It's either Dish or DTV for me, no cable available and low bandwidth wireless broadband so no "over the top" stuff.

I'm in the same boat as you. But I wonder if I would get the same level of equipment and service with say Time Warner (who has most of our area that has cable) that I have with my 2 HWS and 3 Joeys for anywhere near the price. My parents have Time Warner and I cringe at using their DVR so unintuitive and none of the features I'm used to. They only have one DVR and no other TV in the house can access it. The rest are all SD or Clear QAM off the cable split. Their bill ain't cheap either, but they do have the triple play.

Ohh yea. A lot of people won't get a notice before their bill, simply because it is not illegal to not inform prior to the billing. There are a few states that require a minimum 30 days notice, but all other states typically get notified when the bill comes. This is to keep their price increases as close to confidential as they can, from the competition.

I'm in the same boat as you. But I wonder if I would get the same level of equipment and service with say Time Warner (who has most of our area that has cable) that I have with my 2 HWS and 3 Joeys for anywhere near the price. My parents have Time Warner and I cringe at using their DVR so unintuitive and none of the features I'm used to. They only have one DVR and no other TV in the house can access it. The rest are all SD or Clear QAM off the cable split. Their bill ain't cheap either, but they do have the triple play.

Comcast around here. If I did have access to cable, given the crummy PQ and hardware, I'd probably still end up staying with satellite. Dish knows they've got perhaps the best STB in the industry, so they're betting that keeps many subs in place in spite of the increase. I know I would think twice before I jumped ship and lost the Hopper. $60 to $84 more a year ain't chump change. It will come out of something.

Who is in charge of communications at Dish?

I understand that prices go up, but why not send an email and tell me exactly how much my plan will be increasing and why? Instead, we get a vague "up to $x increase" notification. I'm sure they know how much my bill is increasing, so give me the details instead of forcing me to search them out myself.

No email = no increase LOL

Well it could be ya know... I mean I have a ton of things so maybe they are looking at that and saying lets not bill this one cause they have almost everything. But if they raise me $5 a month I'm just gonna raise hell and prob really threaten to leave cause its just too much. If they wish to discount me $5 for the next 12 months I may stick around till the next increase but otherwise nope something will have to give.

Reactions: Yespage
CBS is only an excuse. Think of how much money DISH is getting by charging all of its subscribers $60 per year more.
Who said CBS is an excuse? The majority of the price increase is from the new Disney deal. Some so conveniently forget their death and taxes.

Reactions: ChadT41
I'm bettingng, those that post they got an email, if they also posted what states they were in, we'd see the same 7 or so states recycled. It's all about confidential information. Keeping it from the competition as long as possible. Those 7 or so states require 30 days notice, by law. The others don't, gives dish the chance.

Also remember that in addition to the $5-7 increase, many of us have a Hopper grandfathered at $7 - that will be going away soon so there's another $5 monthly increase. I got $5 off for a couple months for loss of CNN - that means $15 more (at least) by the end of Spring. Going to be quite the shock when I get that first full bill. Hopefully equip costs will stay the same . . . .

7 more months of that $5 credit. I forgot about it till I looked at my statement today. In all fairness, they did give us an 18 month credit without us asking for it.

Ooops, I thought I saw a number of people indicate the price increase they were told and the package they had and that there was rhyme and reason ! ;)

Just like I expected. Those who complain about disputes when Dish doesn't want to pay the increases that providers are asking for are the same who complain about Dish increasing subscription rates to cover the settlement of the disputes. They want their cake and eat it to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts