Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats because they are Zombies wanting more of the Walking Dead. :D

Or could it be that Viacom has devalued their programming even more than AMC? Most of the Viacom stuff is available to be watched on their own web sites for free immediately after airing or generally within 24 hours. AMC at least made you pay for them via Amazon or Itunes for the current season and prior seasons on netflix.

And has been mentioned spongebob has been taking a real hit since so many episodes are now available on netflix.

There seems to be a lot fewer actually upset that they are missing programming from Viacom. Perhaps because most know they can still get the programming easily via the web or netflix. They were outraged that they would have to pay $3/episode with AMC.

Officially it's Day 1 of the Viacom Blackout on DirecTV (I hate to say this). For now, no more Degrassi and the Miriam McDonald era reruns, plus no more Wendy Williams on BET since it's not showing at all in first run syndication in Greenville, SC unfortunately. It's a repeat of rival Dish's 2004 dispute with them, I hate to say this. 7/11/2012 is the day Viacom made kids cry in tears because they miss watching reruns of SpongeBob, iCarly, Victorious, Big Time Rush, and etc. Plus me also missing an all new episode of The Soul Man on TV Land tonight. I wish stupid congress and the FCC would do something with this madness. This has gone too far.

I'm upset Viacommies hold Degrassi and The Soul Man hostage from now on. :(

Here is a novel thought.....Maybe go outside and enjoy life? There is more to life than TV

Oh I was waiting for you to throw out the "my local market is racist because they dont carry that bitch Wendy anymore" like you did on AVS :rolleyes:

The channels will be back and I'm sure Nick will rerun those shows another 8000 times before a new show comes up

I don't what I'm gonna do without Degrassi or The Soul Man. Unfortunately, Northland Cable (the cable company in my town) don't carry TeenNick. I'm not going back to E* because what they did to AMC :(

Go outside and enjoy life maybe?
Or go online after the show is over and stream it....

I've finally did something. I've sent a e-mail about the Viacom dispute to my Congressman Jeff Duncan (R-SC 3rd District). I agree with DirecTV said that 30% increase is unfair. I've told my Congressman to urged Congress to do something about this important issue. I've mentioned my favorites shows as well. What the world has gone up to??? Just like Barry McGuire said in his 1965 hit "Ah, You don't believe, we're on The Eve of Destruction." :(

I'm sure he has better things to do than worry about someone wanting to see Degrassi

The world hasnt gone up to anything. These disagreements have happened for YEARS!!

There seems to be a lot fewer actually upset that they are missing programming from Viacom. Perhaps because most know they can still get the programming easily via the web or netflix. They were outraged that they would have to pay $3/episode with AMC.

or the fact that most folks don't care about what is on Viacom. If you noticed the posts its a couple shows on Comedy, a couple folks mentioned TNA Wrestling on Spike and stuff on VH1 Classic. The folks who have kids might worry with no Nick but the rest of the channels could leave and I don't think anyone would miss them :)

probably not because these providers will do an all or nothing approach. SO its not like you'd be able to get just say Comedy Central. You'd have to get the whole arsenal of crap chanenls with it

just for giggles i called to see what my cancellation fee would be

30 minutes on hold. directv is getting salmmed with calls

i did not ask for anything but was offered $5 off for 1 month
i did ask her not to put it on

i hat losing channels, dont really care about these in particular, just the principle

when the rep stated they are trying to keep our price down, i said i appreiciate that, and asked if they couldnt come to an agreement would out price reflect that. as we are talking 18channels, not just 1

You know, I got to thinking. This all may be a blessing in disguise! Yeah, the loss of Viacom for D* customers, and the AMC stuff for E* is irritating for those that actually care a lot about the programming involved.

But we now have both D* and E* taking a hard line with a content provider over rate increases. And just like every other rate increase in the near past, they are asking for way more than their product is worth. And those content providers have been well insulated from us the consumer because they aren't the ones sending us the bill.

Hopefully both D* and E* will hold the hard line and that it will send a message to the other content providers that are watching all this very closely, and we'll see more reasonable requests.

Personally I think the thing D* and E* should do with every one of these outrageous requests from any of the content providers is what they are doing now, drop the package until the prices are more in line with reality. And yes, if that happened I wouldn't like to lose channels I really like either, and would probably grouse about it a bit. But in the end, the amount of the bill talks to me every month!

being in the customer service industry I feel bad for the CS reps when channels are pulled. Most folks who call in have no clue why the channels are gone or are brainwashed by what the channels say in banners or ads so all they do is yell at whoever picks up the phone.

Expand, please!

I'm not bothered by this. What I would like to see, once a new agreement is made, is an expansion of the BET/CMT/MTV/VH1 channels.

I'm one here who wants more HD -- which would mean adding TV Land HD and two others (Nick Jr. HD and MTV2 HD) -- but I can see positives and negatives with both DirecTV and Viacom. That it's inevitable that pricing goes up. That the programmers are the ones doing the gouging. (ABC/Disney is a great example with everything ESPN.)

I'd like to get more HD and more programming. I'm sure there are some here -- and I'm not thinking only of myself -- who would like to get CMT Pure Country to go with CMT. Some who would like to get VH1 Soul along with VH1 and VH1 Classics. And so on. This would be really good, given that the prime channels of BET/CMT/MTV/VH1 don't show much in the way of videos anymore. And, aside from that group, I'd like to have TV Land in high definition. The website shows clips of some episodes from its original programming. It's a disappointment DirecTV has been unreliable on HD the last couple years, because in the past DirecTV would have brought in the channel pretty shortly after it launched its HD.

If this is, as I figured, a temporary inconvenience -- then I hope we get an expanded choice in programming (as I've mentioned).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)