DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

Only on Dish as best as I can determine. Of course, that may mean that it will be that price on all the others when they do their price increases.

As to the AEP going up $15, it could be that either BB@Home or Sports Pack is being rolled into it. I can't figure out why it would go up that much otherwise.

I did not think that I needed to clarify about HBO being that price on Dish since we are on the Dish forum unless I would have been comparing Dish to other providers. Thank you for pointing that out to anyone who thought otherwise. I believe that HBO is that price only on Dish currently; however, I would expect for other providers to follow possibly based on contract negotiations.

I would hope the same for AEP. However, I noticed Dish still uses "Everything" in quotes leading me to believe that it will probably not include every channel.

Last edited:
There are some packages (Superstations, Multi-sport) not mentioned on the list and the Joeys aren't mentioned either so I assume there are no price increase for those packages and hardware?

There are some packages (Superstations, Multi-sport) not mentioned on the list and the Joeys aren't mentioned either so I assume there are no price increase for those packages and hardware?

Hopefully so.
I am guessing the same as a $1 increase (except for the 922 and Hopper) in the DVR fee was shown.

Ill be sticking with Top 250 and adding premiums as I need them for originals. I remember when everyone was so happy with this price lock at inception, wonder how they feel now lol.

I wonder as many others do to if AEP will include sportspack and BB or one of them for that jump in price?

Well if AEP is going up by $15. per month, then it will good bye Dish and hello Directv, and to think of those silly TV commercials Dish has about D* raising up fees at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if AEP is going up by $15. per month, then it will good bye Dish and hello Directv, and to think of those silly TV commercials Dish has about D* raising up fees at the end of the year.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td25mb5xG5s

Isn't Directv's Premier package currently $119.99/month (the sane price AEP will be but after the increase)? I am thinking that DirecTV will also be having price increases unless they would freeze prices.

Isn't Directv's Premier package currently $119.99/month? I am thinking that DirecTV will also be having price increases unless they would freeze prices.

I think it's about that, Includes there sportspack, I was wondering if Dish was going to do the same

Isn't Directv's Premier package currently $119.99/month (the sane price AEP will be but after the increase)? I am thinking that DirecTV will also be having price increases unless they would freeze prices.
But doesn't DirectTV's package also include the sports package?

But doesn't DirectTV's package also include the sports package?

Yes, I believe it does. When we had DirecTV years ago, it did when they did the free Premier preview. Of course, as a new sub, one can make some deals. However, I do not think one should just jump over just because Dish announced their increases for next year. Luckily, we know ahead of time thanks to being on the forum. I would wait a little while to see what the increases will be for DirecTV. I would also compare their equipment and package selections. I also think it would be wise to take a hard look at what channels one really are "must-haves" and what one can afford especially in this economy (and probably with more increased bills).

Last edited:
The ball is really in Directvs favor now, given today's announcements it will be interesting to see what they do with it or not.

Here is the channel lineups if wanting to compare:

DirecTV:
http://www.att.com/Common/PDF/DIRECTV_English_Channel_Lineup.pdf

(I am not sure if the prices include HD or not.)

Dish:
http://www.mydish.com/programmingguides/

It may also be a good idea to look at Spanish or/and international packages to see if they have the channels one watches.

We actually had AT250 for certain channels and found Dish Latino Dos with HD Dos Free and the $5 Encore Movie Pack to have a lot of the channels we watch. We have had it for a few years now and have saved some extra money.

Last edited:
What if I signed up with DIsh a month ago with the everything pack because the movie channels were free.

Then in Feb of 2013 I down grade to the top 200 will I loose the $5 price protection? Seemed like they did this years ago, you got the price protection but if you ever changed packages during the protection year you lost it.

I can sign with Direct for $84.99 for 1st 12 months then $109.99 for next 24 months after that, includes Free Genie AND that includes Regional Sports Networks!!!

So go ahead Dish raise AEP $15/month and see what happens to your subscriber base!

oh and I forgot to add Disney channels in HD!

Last edited:
Wow, when it comes to multiple receivers and the everything or premier pack, looks like Directv wins hands down.

How? A Duo (2 TV) receiver as a primary receiver is included in the base price with Dish. Did DirecTV come out with some similar technology? Last time I checked DirecTV had receivers per TV, and each receiver beyond the first was $6/month. The DVR fee with DirecTV was $8/month last time I checked. Yes, with Dish, the DVR fee (except for the 922 and Hopper) is increasing a dollar to $7/month. However, with a 211, a Dish sub could pay a one-time $40 fee (for all the 211s) and turn it into a DVR with an external hard drive (per each 211) without a monthly DVR fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts