DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

They wouldn't talk about it... but I did overhear someone say that basically its down to finalizing the contract language.

Is that true or not? I don't know. But I have a real good feeling about things

I think a lot of us hoped (whether we should have or not) that something would come out this week on the ESPN/Disney situation. Instead, it sounds like the same 'almost there' we have been hearing rumors about for months.

With the price increase mailer I got yesterday, it would be a great time for Dish to add some HD feeds. Just sayin'.

They wouldn't talk about it... but I did overhear someone say that basically its down to finalizing the contract language.

Any word on a new Scott's Gut App for the Hopper?

Watch a College BBall game, activate the app and it says "Scott's gut is feeling good that Louisville will pull this off." Or for HBO, "Scott's gut is pretty confident that the Butler did it."

Any word on a new Scott's Gut App for the Hopper?

Watch a College BBall game, activate the app and it says "Scott's gut is feeling good that Louisville will pull this off." Or for HBO, "Scott's gut is pretty confident that the Butler did it."

Or for Cinemax, "Scott's gut is pretty confident that the waitress and the nurse will hook up."

My gut is now that ESPNU-HD will be added in June once there is nothing to show (except reruns), and Disney HD / ABC Family HD will be bundled with Playboy TV. :)

Last edited:
My gut is now that ESPNU-HD will be added in June once there is nothing to show (except reruns), and Disney HD / ABC Family HD will be bundled with Playboy TV. :)

As long as it is here before next football season and it also includes the new SEC network then I'm good with that.

I don't doubt your feelings about this ultimately being resolved........ it's just the time when it's finally resolved which is the frustrating part.

You didn't need it the last 3 years or so (lol)

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Nope, only had 1 game on ESPNU in that time (it was this year).

Edit: I should clarify 1 TN game (which is what I care about)

I think Dish should just leave things as they are.

Our bills do not go up because of greater re-trans fees and the few who watch those channels still have something to gripe about.

The best of both worlds.:D

sorry i disagree with you i want my disneyHD,abcfamilyhd,espnuhd,espnnewshd,disneyxdhd we would like these channel back in hd and we are willing to pay some money to get them back.

sorry i disagree with you i want my disneyHD,abcfamilyhd,espnuhd,espnnewshd,disneyxdhd we would like these channel back in hd and we are willing to pay some money to get them back.

as the saying goes, then leave and go to a provider that has them, you want them, myself and others never even noticed them in the guide. If there wasn't a price increase coming, then I would say let them stay as they are.

as the saying goes, then leave and go to a provider that has them, you want them, myself and others never even noticed them in the guide. If there wasn't a price increase coming, then I would say let them stay as they are.

I myself don't care about any of those channels in HD except for ESPNU and I'm a parent that does watch the Disney channels. Disney in HD really isn't a big deal, it's not as important as sports in HD.

ESPNNews is a waste of a channel. I watch a lot of the ESPN networks but never watch that channel anymore. Sportscenter is on at least half of the day repeating the same news and highlights. I suppose at night when ESPN has a game on that you don't want to watch but still want other sports highlights it may be helpful but otherwise it's not needed.

For me only ESPNU in HD would be nice to have. The wife and I don't watch Disney. Sometimes our grandkids do and I've never heard them complain about the lack of HD. I certainly wouldn't pay extra so my grandkids could watch in HD. They aren't here very often so no need to have more expense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)