Poll:Overall How Satisfied Are You With Your HJ System Performance? (post a why too!)

How Satisfied Are you with your H/J System?

• Very Satisfied

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Very Dissatisfied

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pet Peeves:
#1 - Slow surfing, two second channel changes (used to be instantaneous).
#2 - :29 and :59 hiccups.
#3 - Few and broken apps (ex: weather).

Last edited:
Just add ota and manual timers to my two hoppers and I would be ecstatic. That is all the hoppers lack that the Vip series does well.

personal favorites do not remember the channels, with hopper they want you to use "my channels" of course this becomes a problem for the hopper and the joey

Scott Greczkowski said:
I selected somewhat satisfied instead of very satisfied just because the lack of OTA support. Once that is available I will be very satisfied. :)

Same here OTA will make it complete!

I voted somewhat. I like the functionality/feature set, however I am slightly annoyed at the need for reboots and the post-S212 software updates that seemed to break the DVR portion of its reliability. I am still having reboot issues on S221 but so far I have not had any DVR related problems that made us unable to watch recordings / timers not record.

I am somewhat dissatisfied with it. I have software 217. I need to restart my Joey every time I want to watch TV using it. I also sometimes have problems with the hopper. it is not as stable as earlier software..... I guess I more dissatisfied with 217 then the hopper it self. I have love ptat and the bigger hard drive. Apps need work but am excited with what is to come. I hope to get the new software soon and it docs my issues so I can love the hopper/ Joey again.

I have software 217. I need to restart my Joey every time I want to watch TV using it.
Mine was also locking up in standby, requiring reset almost every time we wanted to watch TV.

After doing a power cord reboot, it has been a little better. It locks up less, but still far too often.

Where's my 221 already?!!!!!!!!

midwesttv said:
So for you owners of a H/J system, overall how satisfied are you with it's performance? (post a why too!)

Satisfied, overall. Any problems are rare, even with joeys. One lost its mommy one time, but a reboot reunited them. No OTA is worst, except I'd like to be able to use whole hard drive, as I don't use ptat, since I watch very little broadcast tv. Maybe new season will change that.

I voted "Somewhat Satisfied". I have 2.17 and I am experiencing stability problems. Except for that, I am very satisfied. I too have the problem of no icons with EHD but I don't consider that to be a pressing issue. Please fix my problem with sleeping Joeys and Hoppers misbehaving which require RBR. RBRs on Hoppers are made worse by the fact that it negatively affects linked Joeys.

isaacmorseMI said:
Very satisfied. Since S221 rolled out the whole system has been rock solid.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I agree, the days of check switch mornings seem so long ago!! :)

Ended up with a new switch as a result of the Check Switch issues in S217. Would Love OTA. Also will probably have DNS issues if ABC goes DNS at months end. A feature I would like to see is the ability to clean up your PTA listings and delete the shows you don't watch, perhaps even allow the Hopper to learn your preferences over time.

Quite happy with the performance over all ,but don't ask my mom to answer. She hates having to learn the new system.

isaacmorseMI said:
Very satisfied. Since S221 rolled out the whole system has been rock solid.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Definitely since S221 almost all is well (other than a few features I want added back from the ViP722 series all is well! What I am most happy about is the fact that since S221 my 3H/2J no longer "forget" each other after the nightly reboots! Very happy with this as I can see recordings from all the receivers from any TV in the house without the need for a soft reset now! That was very irritating in the past! I also love being able to use the wireless Joey anywhere in the house I want to!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)