1.2 m dish for C Band????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I plan on setting up a 1.2 M dish this weekend. Will I be able to get any C Band with it--i.e. is it worth buying a C-Band lnb?
Gracias!

It is interesting as a HOBBY to try to catch C Band Signals (and yes you can pick up some on a 1.2 meter dish) however if your looking to watch C Band programming then your going to be disapointed.

Thats my 2 cents. :)

If it comes down to money, go with you best decision on that one.

If it's neighbors, get a 1.2 meter.

If you don't care, get a BUD.

Personally..I'm still not sure what to do. Your in my boat as well. Maybe if I throw out my coordinates maybe Pete would have an opinion. 26.2 north 80.1 west. Location location...as they say in real estate.

I would think it would be worth getting a C-band LNBF to use with 1.2m dish

I started with a 40" Primestar dish and got great signals on a handful of C-band channels, best one was ASN on the Anik F1R satellite @ 107.3ºw

http://www.lyngsat.com/anikf1r.html

Of course you want at least a 6' dish for C-band but you will certainly do better than I did with my 40" dish.
And remember rain fade is not as much of a problem with C-Band.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39119

Weather permitting I will be playing some more with my minibud setup, I will let you know just what i get.

I have a 1.2 m dish in central Florida on PAS-9 and get outstnding receptioon on CCTV and NHK but no DW-tv or Cubavision as unfortunately with the small dish 3840 has intereference which I have not been able to overcome yet - tried an Norsat 8115 and it kind of helped in that I have a stronger signal, but still tiles. Tried a Buzz 2010F - what a laugh. It was not only no help, but not as advertised, at least for C Band use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts