1.2 Meter Microbud Users

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
I'M curious as to how many FTAers out there have tried and or who are using a 1.2M dish for C band and what kind of sucess or waste of time and money is it?
I am bent on giving it a try!

Dave:hungry:

I haven't tried it myself but from what I have read many guys are using an old primestar dish or other dish they got for nothing or close to it. So you don't really need to put alot of money into it.

you can get a few of the STRONG transponders on a P* dish. I now Pete got ASN on AnikF1 pretty good :)

Iceberg said:
you can get a few of the STRONG transponders on a P* dish. I now Pete got ASN on AnikF1 pretty good :)
Ok cause you probably seen in the other thread i picked up a 1.2m and now got the FTA bug bigtime, ASN would be good.

Dave

Its a good "tinkering" project :)
I have a P* dish that as soon as I get a fence post I'll be working to see if I can get C-Band on it too :)

Iceberg said:

"Strong" probably doesn't have as much to do with it as the fact that anik F1 is in a portion of the arc where the spacing between C band satellites is wider. Anyway, if your gonna try putting a C band feed on an undersized dish and hope to get anything on it, aiming for satellites that don't have other C band satellites right next to them is probably your best chance of actually making it work. Another satellite you might try is AMC6. The only other satellite that's really close to it is Brasilsat B1, but it's beams are mostly aimed at south america. So, it might not interfere with it. You could try to get Nasa on AMC6.

Someone mentioned they were able to get the Tube on AMC3 c band with a micro bud. That fits right in with what Stefan is saying, there is not a lot on either side of amc-3 for c band transponders.

oh you can get lots of channels
even more so if you have a motor,the way the motor tilts the dish you can even get
2 birds at the same time(within 4 degrees,i know i have)
good alignment is a must.

Eastcoast said:
I'M curious as to how many FTAers out there have tried and or who are using a 1.2M dish for C band and what kind of sucess or waste of time and money is it?
I am bent on giving it a try!

Dave:hungry:

If you are into MLB or NBA, I strongly recommend it.

The backhauls of MLB and NBA on C-band IA6, IA5 and G4 are easily receivable, using an analog receiver, 1.2M dish and a C-band LNBF for offset dish (from EITS). I managed to get a few games at the end of the past NBA season. Too bad I didn't have the setup ready until late March/early April.

There are some analog baseball backhauls in the summer. Too bad I have no interest in baseball until October...

rangers00 said:
If you are into MLB or NBA, I strongly recommend it.

The backhauls of MLB and NBA on C-band IA6, IA5 and G4 are easily receivable, using an analog receiver, 1.2M dish and a C-band LNBF for offset dish (from EITS). I managed to get a few games at the end of the past NBA season. Too bad I didn't have the setup ready until late March/early April.

There are some analog baseball backhauls in the summer. Too bad I have no interest in baseball until October...
I used to be interested in baseball up to a couple of years ago but not so much now.
Where do i find EITS and any ideas about what analog rx are around (cheap and dirty)

Dave:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts