1.8 Mts Prodelin 0179-189

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tvsatelite

Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Maturin Venezuela
I just bought an used Prodelin 1.8 Mts. 0179-189 dish, but when I search in the Prodelin website for its specifications and/or Diagrams, they are clasified by series numbers: 1183, 1184 for example.

Please does anyone could tell me the series number for this 1.8 Mts Prodelin 0179-189?

Or could post its specifications and/or diagrams?

:confused::confused::confused:

The series numbers seem to classify the dish by its use: Ku or C, receive-only, or transmit-receive. There are also different mounts: azimuth/elevation, dual-axis and polar. If your dish still has the LNB or Tx/Rx electronics on it, you probably can figure out which version you have. For all I know the basic dish may even be the same across all of the series.

I haven't looked recently, but the website for Prodelin (which is some part of General Dynamics now) had all sorts of technical documentation, instructions and parts lists a few months ago when I checked. You had to hunt around a bit for it, though.

Pendragon, thank you very much for your response, I am searching the web to figure out the model of my dish, in order to download the specifications and diagrams.

:up:up:up
:yes:lick:hatsoff:

bye old friend

I almost cried recently when I had gone to where I formerly lived and picked up the 1.8 mt that I had stored away. Anyway to continue the story I was bringing it where I live now and got about 4 miles away from town and the rope I had secured it with cut thru and the dish flew off the trailer. It damaged it beyond repair. I will now have to cut it up into pieces and put it into the dumpster.:sob::facepalm

I have 3 Prodelin 1.8M offset dishes setup out in the yard. The reflectors all have #0179-189 but the mounts are all completely different. I'm betting the manuals are unique for the mount used. All of mine were for RX-TX in a previous life and now converted for C band.

Hi!
Will not start new tread. I am in front of same issue as this topic-starter. Recently brought home 2 used Prodelin 1.8m dishes. There are also heating elements. Before I start to do something with those dishes I would like to find out exact modification, especially I am interested are they for Ku or C band.

Attachments

• P1270888 (Large).JPG
    P1270888 (Large).JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 951
  • 2prodelins.JPG
    2prodelins.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 899
  • P1270885 (Large).JPG
    P1270885 (Large).JPG
    300 KB · Views: 806
They will work for either band.
Show us a picture of any included feedhorn and equipment.
?
However, for C band in North America, they don't have beamwidth for satellites spaced 2 degrees apart.
Not for commercial use, anyway.
For experimentation, I'm sure you can capture a lot of C band signals.
?Satellite spacing and power level in your country will be the determining factor.

For Ku band, they are excellent if a bit overkill. ;)
Some members have installed half a dozen Ku LNBFs, to receive multiple satellites on a fixed dish.

Several members have motorized the 6' Prodelins, using polar BUD mounts, Ajak 180 HH motors, and Birdview motorized mounts.
You will have to make an adapter bracket to give the dish around 25 degrees of down-tilt for any of those mount ideas, to account for the offset of the dish.

Thanks. I know from previous owner that those antennas were used for 2-way internet. But he did not give me any LNBs. I am not sure if I want to make this antenna motorized (maybe some day in the future). Making big multifeeds and receiving signals from many satellites is not my primary goal, I have enough place to plant many antennas:)
My old dream is to make antenna controlled by 2 actuators plus some kind of mechanism to change LNB's skew. what I know for sure- I will not have enough time to do that this year.
Couple of another pictures showing what else was in the set.

Attachments

• P1270878a (Large).JPG
    P1270878a (Large).JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 787
  • P1270877 (Large).JPG
    P1270877 (Large).JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 912
Okay, two way Internet usage was on Ku band.
That is what most of those dishes are used for.

Your additional pictures show the standard fixed mount we see on the dishes here.
AND, it looks like you got all the metal for the standard NPRMs normally used.
Many members have that very same dish+mount, so you will see plenty of pictures on this forum.

Motorizing a dish like that, using a polar mount, needs just one motor.
When properly set up and aimed, the dish tracks all geostationary satellites above, AND automatically adjusts skew at the same time.
No need for three motors.

Person, who owned dishes befor me just contacted me and said that he found some additional hardware parts and documentation as well. Next week will pick them up.
I have several 1,8m metal antennas (PFA and offset). I would like to compare performance of them and also Prodelin, and, of course leave the best one.

You won't find better dishes than your 1.8mtr transmit-certified Prodelin.
But what dish is best for a particular application may not be the Prodelin.

Give us a better idea what you want to do, which band, and pictures of those other dishes.
?

Here they are, from left to right: 190 x 180 aluminum offset, aerographed 180cm, just powder painted 180cm aluminum, 2 Prodelins. And another one 180cm metal one stored in another garage. Also one 180cm aluminum at my friends house. All have polar-mounts. Wish to receive all available Ku and C band signals.
P.S. 4,6m Andrew as well belongs to me, but I have difficulties to remove it from present location and bring home. :confused:

Attachments

• P1270882 (Large).JPG
    P1270882 (Large).JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 1,031
To calculate the focal point/focal length use Parabola Calculator2.0
The WIFI tab, calculates for offset antennas.
Very nice collection.
KISS principle - build, purchase, beg for, or borrow permanently, a polar mount. (for at least one dish, the rest can be fixed)
One part to move, not 3.

Have installed one of the Prodelins today. Can I get some advice how better attach Ku-band LNB?

Attachments

• P1270957 (Large).JPG
    P1270957 (Large).JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 1,574
  • P1270965 (Large).JPG
    P1270965 (Large).JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 1,282
Use an inverted pipe hanger to hold the LNBF with a length of threaded rod to raise the LNBF to the height of the previous feedhorn. It is import to place the feedhorn back in the sweet spot to collect all of the reflected signals from the reflector surface.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)