1 sub....2 houses

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I have a situation where mom and dad want to share the subscription with grandma. In other words, same subscription, but just adding another receiver, but with the receiver at another location.

What are the legalities on that? Has anyone tried it?

technically its illegal. All boxes have to be at the same physical address

do people do it? what do you think:rolleyes:

I have a situation where mom and dad want to share the subscription with grandma. In other words, same subscription, but just adding another receiver, but with the receiver at another location.

What are the legalities on that? Has anyone tried it?
I have done legit installs for customers who own a second home or a weekend getaway place..They buy a dish for the weekender and take their sat receivers with them ..Some even purchase additional recivers and leave them at the weekender....
Now Dish would rather these customers open a second account for the other dwelling..but who would be dumb enough to do that....
Just don't get caught by the audit team and go for it...

Just don't get caught by the audit team and go for it...

I love that advice. Two weeks later there is going to be a post complaining, "that D* shut down my illegal receiver while trying to'move'!"

I am happy that D* lets people use a second receiver at a vacation home. This is one one case is why D* raises its rates.

I'll try to keep the rest of the comments to myself. :D

Whats the difference between grandma and my third cousin? Can I share few boxes with my in laws and my sister? Hey they all family just live in their own homes but we all related. How about I get a premier package for 93 dollars and then split it 3 ways. 31 dollars each not a bad deal for all movie channels. Come on guys. Remember Napster people do it doesnt mean its legal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)