$100 DIU Rebate becomes $50?

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
Back in December, I did a DIU upgrade from a 311 to a 722. The deal was $199 for a self-install with a $100 rebate. I mailed the rebate form with a copy of my bill on January 2.

A couple of nights ago, I had a message from E* on my machine, saying that my rebate had been approved, and that $50 would be credited to my account. Oh, brother, I suppose I'm in for a fight now! (The rebate form doesn't mention the amount of the "bonus credit," BTW.)

Anyone else had this happen?

Brad

Man, I really feel stupid. I just checked my account, and it shows TWO $50 credits on 2/4/08. So......NEVERMIND! :eek:

They really should change the recording, though.

Brad

i only got a $50 rebate when i was supossed to get 100, but oh well

I initially received a $50 credit, but did not receive a credit the following month. I spoke with a CSR from India who was adamant about the fact that the DIU rebate was $50. It took awhile to convince the guy, but eventually he gave in and credited the remaining $50.

Just speak to the CSR, demand that the rebate was $100 when you submitted it, and you should be credited.

It's starting to sound like the old bait-and-switch is just business-as-usual at E*, and I just managed to get lucky.

Brad

I finally (after MONTHS... literally) got the rebate for the equipment upgrade using DIU of $100.
THEN they "forgot" to enable the $10 per month credit for the upgrade to HD programming. So I had to call AGAIN. They offered to just give me a $50 credit for 2 months and I agreed to that. Now I have to wait until the 25th to see if they applied the credit.

Rebates suck on a GOOD day. :) Badly handled rebate programs are abysmal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts