$100 DIU Rebate becomes $50?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
Back in December, I did a DIU upgrade from a 311 to a 722. The deal was $199 for a self-install with a $100 rebate. I mailed the rebate form with a copy of my bill on January 2.

A couple of nights ago, I had a message from E* on my machine, saying that my rebate had been approved, and that $50 would be credited to my account. Oh, brother, I suppose I'm in for a fight now! (The rebate form doesn't mention the amount of the "bonus credit," BTW.)

Anyone else had this happen?

Brad

Man, I really feel stupid. I just checked my account, and it shows TWO $50 credits on 2/4/08. So......NEVERMIND! :eek:

They really should change the recording, though.

Brad

i only got a $50 rebate when i was supossed to get 100, but oh well

I initially received a $50 credit, but did not receive a credit the following month. I spoke with a CSR from India who was adamant about the fact that the DIU rebate was $50. It took awhile to convince the guy, but eventually he gave in and credited the remaining $50.

Just speak to the CSR, demand that the rebate was $100 when you submitted it, and you should be credited.

It's starting to sound like the old bait-and-switch is just business-as-usual at E*, and I just managed to get lucky.

Brad

I finally (after MONTHS... literally) got the rebate for the equipment upgrade using DIU of $100.
THEN they "forgot" to enable the $10 per month credit for the upgrade to HD programming. So I had to call AGAIN. They offered to just give me a $50 credit for 2 months and I agreed to that. Now I have to wait until the 25th to see if they applied the credit.

Rebates suck on a GOOD day. :) Badly handled rebate programs are abysmal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)