$100 for New Dish to get 10 Voom channels? No way!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Another insult to VOOM customers--the CSR confirms what someone else had posted either on this or the Dish Network forum which was this--after I called the 1800 333 3474 number. She seemed to want to know if I was a VOOM customer first, then she hit me with:

$100 for a new dish (can't use the old VOOM dish)
$5/month for 10 VOOM channels
942 HD DVR $250
$5/month DVR fee

She said this is ONLY for VOOM customers and that these channels are not even going to be available to new Dish subscribers subbing only to the original Dish HD OR to existing customers!!!!

Unbelievable--I hope she is wrong, but come tomorrow--if she's not--I am not going to pay $100 for another dish. I would need 2 other dishes (Dish 500 plus a small one for the WB feed from 148), so--three ugly dishes and have to pay $100, plus all the fees after 6 months and a one year committment????

Back to C-band and OTA HD or DVD's.

She's wrong about the Voom dish not working, it will it's the LNB that wont work, plus you'd need a switch to integrate the voom dish with a dish 500.

Also she's wrong about the voom channels only being available to former voom subs.

If they have to install the 148 dish, just ask the installer if he can peak it to 61.5, shouldn't be a problem

BFG said:
She's wrong about the Voom dish not working, it will it's the LNB that wont work, plus you'd need a switch to integrate the voom dish with a dish 500.

Also she's wrong about the voom channels only being available to former voom subs.

If they have to install the 148 dish, just ask the installer if he can peak it to 61.5, shouldn't be a problem

I actually told the CSR that the dish would work--it was just the LNB needed changing, but she read some sheet in front of her and checked with her supervisor and they can't authorize the installer to peak a free dish for the 148 WB (locals) to 61.5.

just handle that when he gets there ;)

what dish doesnt know wont hert em ;)

BFG said:
just handle that when he gets there ;)

what dish doesnt know wont hert em ;)

In theory, sounds good, but can't gamble on that--they won't activiate the VOOm channels as they will see no order for the dish pointed toward 61.5--they will only activate the WB on 148. Have had bad installer experiences and won't trust that anything like that will happen when he goes by what his service order says.

I had a VOOM installer (the 2nd after the first botched up royally) from this area and tried to tip him as much--he would not take it--pretty honest guy--he is from a Direct-TV outlet, but did subcontract installs--great guy! I wouldn't count on that option in my neck of the woods.

$110 Too Much

I agree that the $100 is too much, they should be offering this in their HD pack as far as I'm concerned.

I have one of those super dishes....they said I'd still need another dish.....I guess that superdish isn't so super after all.

We are existing customers to Echostar, we had the 6000 years ago with an Echostar dish pointed towards the 61.5 bird. Since they have this on record, why would we need to pay for installation of a dish that is already on the side of my house?

Can someone confirm the need to switch out lnbs. I've not changed a thing on our Voom dish and the 811 sees 61.5 just fine. Were watching the HD-Demo channel. I've not yet activated the receiver.

MNHTUG said:
We are existing customers to Echostar, we had the 6000 years ago with an Echostar dish pointed towards the 61.5 bird. Since they have this on record, why would we need to pay for installation of a dish that is already on the side of my house?

Can someone confirm the need to switch out lnbs. I've not changed a thing on our Voom dish and the 811 sees 61.5 just fine. Were watching the HD-Demo channel. I've not yet activated the receiver.

Very interesting--but would they authorize you for the VOOM subscription if they don't have a record of your having the 61.5 dish installed?

Let me know what happens when you activate your receiver! Is there someway I can get a dish logo to paste over my VOOM dish????

Everone who has

Everyone who has dishes hd package will get voom 10 according to dish executive offices thats what i was told today and it will come of 61.5 which is dishes international sateilite.. I hope she is right.... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts