1000.2 Dish is vaporware?

bobl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
Does this dish even exist? It was supposedly going to be out by now but it's nowhere to be found and worse yet nobody seems to have any idea when or even if it's going to be available. Anyone with some information on this item?

I switched back to Dish in early June and hooked up a Dish 500 and Dish 300 all with legacy lnb's and an old SW64 switch rather than getting a Dish 1000 with DishPRO technology based upon the promise of the Dish1000.2. This dish is supposed to allow for four satellite locations when used along with a second dish, allow three receivers without any switch and be slightly larger than the Dish 1000 which would hopefully allow those of us on the west coast to get a good enough signal from 129 so we don't need a separate dish for this location.

I believe there are 4 new items (actually only 3, with one having an attachment to make a 4th).

I don't believe the "Dish 1000.2" and the "Repoint Kit" for the SuperDish 121 are out yet. I have yet to find anyone selling those items.

You are right the Dish 1000.2 is larger than the current Dish 1000, it will still only pick up 3 satellite orbital locations (110/119/129). I do not know what type of LNBF it will have, but I suspect it is the DishPro Plus Twin LNBF which will feed 2 receivers, and not have room for a wing or 4th dish since the LNBF for 129 is going to the input on the Twin. (Maybe someone else has more official info on that.)

In limited supply, but available are the other 2 items, which may be what you really want. They are the Dish 500+ and the Dish 1000+ which are identical except for an extra "DP Dual LNBF" is added to the Dish 500+ unit. It appears the bracket to convert the 500+ to a 1000+ comes with the Dish 500+, but this may depend on which vendor you buy it from. And the Dish 500+/1000+ is larger than the new Dish 1000.2, but still smaller than the SuperDish 121/105.

As a Dish 500+, you can use either a DP34 or DPP44 to pick up 110/118.7/119.
As a Dish 1000+, you can use a DPP44 to pick up 110/118.7/119/129.
DP34 = 4 Single/2 Dual. DPP44 = 4 Single or 4 Dual receivers.

Here's a link to The Dish Store which looks like you can build/buy just the pieces you need for the 500+/1000+.
http://www.dishstore.net/index.php?cPath=69
Here's a link to Dish Network for the Dish 1000 and Dish 1000+, but I haven't found a link for the Dish 1000.2 nor the Repoint Kit.
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/techequiDish-1000.shtml

Is it vaporware or vaporwear?:hatsoff:

Last edited:
I don't need nor want the plus dishes since I don't need the 118.7 location which is strictly for internationals and a few select local HD channels. I want the 1000.2 which should be both cheaper (probably about the same price as the Dish 1000) and a simpler design. Scott's original information on this dish indicates a new three lnb design for picking up 110, 119 and 129 locations with a one piece lnb assembly which looks similar to direcTV's 3 lnb dish. This lnb assembly is supposed to have an input for connecting a fourth satellite location (say 61.5 or 148) by using a second dish which could be anything but might most likely be a Dish 300.

Please someone correct any of the above information if it's incorrect. Also, can anyone add anything regarding the availability of this dish? Is it vaporware?

I don't see this new dish giving you any protection from the satellite drop outs. It might increase your signal strengths by 10 - 15 points , but I doubt that will help you with the wobbly satellite up there. The only thing that will fix that , is a new satellite to replace the existing Echostar 5 up there.

MikeD-C05 said:
I don't see this new dish giving you any protection from the satellite drop outs. It might increase your signal strengths by 10 - 15 points , but I doubt that will help you with the wobbly satellite up there. The only thing that will fix that , is a new satellite to replace the existing Echostar 5 up there.
Wonderful... So do they plan on replacing E5 anytime soon?

I read somewhere that they plan to have a spotbeam satellite up there by next year sometime. The funny thing is they have echostar 6 sitting there as a spare to 110 I think. They could use it if they wanted to now. IF you don't need the 129 sat for locals you could put up two dish 500s- one for 110/119 and the other for 61.5 sat. It has all the national hd programming . I don't know if you would be able to see it well in Washington state due to line of sight problems. Although some people in California have said they get a 90 signal on the 61.5 sat. I get in the 90s and 100s on 61.5 in Texas. Try it and see what you can get. The only reason for the 129 sat is for hd locals if they carry yours.

long_time_DNC said:
My HD locals are on 110, so that's not a problem, but geographically, I can't "see" the 61.5 sat due to trees and a huge hill to the east-northeast. I've got a good view to the SE and that's all.

2008 launch? Well, that's hideous...

Seems like you should be pointing the dish to the SE to get 61.5.

If you do 2 500's you should see improvement. Still not 100% but I rarely loose the picture or recordings. Do see some pixelation some times if the signal drops too low but I've recorded movies on StarzHD that were clean and that is, I think, the weakest TP. Very small adjustments make a big difference with 129. I was able to tweak a better signal using a cell phone on the roof and my son reading numbers off the 622 than the installer got using his meter.

I'm glad Scott posted that the 1000.2 will be out in the fall. I had pretty much given up hope.

I may wait for the 1000.2 in the fall... We'll see...I've done some talking with a local retailer and he gets a great signal from 61.5 at due East, 10 degrees elev. Well, that pretty much kills 61.5 for me, as due east is a forest and and a hill that's a lot higher than 10 degrees because it's less than a mile away...

long_time_DNC said:
I may wait for the 1000.2 in the fall... We'll see...I've done some talking with a local retailer and he gets a great signal from 61.5 at due East, 10 degrees elev. Well, that pretty much kills 61.5 for me, as due east is a forest and and a hill that's a lot higher than 10 degrees because it's less than a mile away...
Dumb question: Did you call E* to have them fix it?

A tech just told me that the bigger dish 1000+ is for 110, 118, 119, 129 and will replace the dish 1000 for customers who need all 4 satellites. I sounded it will depend on your programing needs as to whether you need a new dish or not.
Yes, it is not available yet.

ralfyguy said:
Dumb question: Did you call E* to have them fix it?
All E* offered me was a 2-dish solution. I have no where (other than the roof) to put another dish, and I really don't want the home to start looking like an uplink center or radar tracking station. :(

So, if the 1000.2 will help with the problem, then I'll get one. The local guy I talked with said they'd test the 1000.2 when it comes out to see if helps with the 129 problem.

long_time_DNC said:
All E* offered me was a 2-dish solution. I have no where (other than the roof) to put another dish, and I really don't want the home to start looking like an uplink center or radar tracking station. :(

So, if the 1000.2 will help with the problem, then I'll get one. The local guy I talked with said they'd test the 1000.2 when it comes out to see if helps with the 129 problem.
Man I really can't wait for the result.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts