102g install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
This has turned out to be one of the most frustrating jobs I have ever attempted. I did not enter into this without some experience at this sort of thing.Installed 2 C-Band systems a few years ago, also installed my current D***N****** system.I can't get any channels. As much as 65 signal. but no quality. Absolutely no quality no matter what I try.

Here is my equipment list.
102g
sg2100
qph-o31
winegard 2076
Dell 8400 PC p43.0 1gig ram Ati Pci-express video card

My lat. is 36.470
My long. is 86.65
This makes my true south bird AMC3 right?
Set the el on motor to slightly more than 36 on the scale.
Set the el on the dish to slightly more than 24.
Set the az at 183.6

Tried the Twinhan software, Mytheatre 3.33, and Progdvb. Installed all of these multiple times. Removed 102g from device manager and reinstalled many times. Everytime I install the Twinhan drivers I get a popup asking for DTVWDM.sys and DTVVIDEO.sys. Just for curiosity I hooked the coax from my D***N****** to the 102g and scanned with Mytheatre. It lightup like a Christmas tree. All scrambled of course. 102g must be working. Motor moves so I know I am getting power to the dish. Changed coax from motor to lnb. No help. I am starting to think it may either a driver problem or faulty lnb. What do you guys think?:confused:

Just a couple of points for clarification.

Your TS is indeed AMC3
You say you have the elevation angle at 36. Actually, the elevation angle should be 54 according to the 2100 manual. LATITUDE should be on 36.

That's all I can see right now. You should get some quality if your LNB is good. Make sure you have the right settings in your program. I would stick with one for now to minimize confusion-I would suggest MyTheatre as it seemes to be the most user friendly. Remember, there is no blind scan so you will have to enter TPs except for ones that are already in the program.

I don't envy you because it has to be tougher setting up with a PC. Good luck.

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum.

What port on the QPH-031 are you using? The ones marked L the L.O. is 10750
Of course the C marked ones are for DBS and should be set to 11250.

As usual I advise removing the motor for right now until you find and store a few satellites first.

If i set the lat scale to 36 it reads 54 on the other side of the mount. I tried the "c" connecton on the lnb for the d*** experiment. Picked up many channels when I scanned. Used "l" connection for everything else. I get nothing. Should I get an older version of Mytheatre, maybe some bugs in the newest one? Has anyone been able to download new drivers from the Twinhan site? I found the list but it does not download when I click on it. I appreciate the replies.

cband1985 said:
If i set the lat scale to 36 it reads 54 on the other side of the mount.

That is what is should read according to the SG2100 manual. For example, I am at 42 but my "elevation" scale reads 48. Also, the angle on the dish is sometimes not exactly as it should be. Mine is suposed to be 23.5 but is actually 26. Here is a webpage I did that may help even though you are using a PC instead of a Coolsat:

http://www.pbase.com/wtracyparnell/coolsat_4000_prosg2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)