103 Spotbeam Outage T1-8?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

downthedoor

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Woke up this morning with 771 on the locals. Signals look fine except 103s transponders 1-8 (1,3,4,5,6,7,8 all at 0, 2 is at 60)... Waiting on hold to see what's up, will post if I find out anything. Anyone else having trouble?

downthedoor said:
Woke up this morning with 771 on the locals. Signals look fine except 103s transponders 1-8 (1,3,4,5,6,7,8 all at 0, 2 is at 60)... Waiting on hold to see what's up, will post if I find out anything. Anyone else having trouble?

It's a known issue in my area--they already have it fixed. The channels are now working, however the meter shows the same. Is it possible that they moved the channels to a different transponder/sat, or was it a unrelated issue and those transponders always have 0 in my area (which I don't recall)...

Wow I hope it is a temp fix--the audio/picture is really bad. Audio is glitchy and skipping, picture is too on occasion, about the same quality you would expect from a YouTube video on dialup... Maybe it is the uplink from this area--it is on all the channels...

Are your signal strength numbers normal on the other satellites?

raoul5788 said:
Are your signal strength numbers normal on the other satellites?

Yep, they were in the normal range (high 80s and 90s throughout). Even the other transponders on 103 were in the 90s...

Since 103s is all spot beams, you shouldn't be getting high numbers on all of the transponders, maybe not on any of them, depending on your location.

raoul5788 said:
Since 103s is all spot beams, you shouldn't be getting high numbers on all of the transponders, maybe not on any of them, depending on your location.

I was correct with my numbers (just double checked)...103s T15-24 all 80s and 90s. I meant that 103ca/cb were good (meaning it wasn't the dish pointing). I'm going to chalk the problem up to a uplink problem and leave it at that :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)