1080p HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
I just bought a 50inch DLP/LCD Rear Projection HDTV, since a lot of my favorite channels are coming to HD thanks to D*, so far the pic looks great, but I am hearing the pq gets better is there something that I need to do in the setting for the TV to get the best possible pq from my D* channels? :D

Congrats on your new TV. I have a 50" Samsung 1080P DLP as well. For the picture quality to be the best you shouldn't have to set anything up on the TV. Just make sure to use HDMI.

I personally didn't adjust any settings in my TV's menu.

As long as your hooked up through hdmi or a quality component video cable and your t.v. is set for 1080i you should be good. No one that I'm aware of broadcasts is 1080p. I think it's a bandwidth issue. I'm sure there is some guys on here that could explain it better.

As long as your hooked up through hdmi or a quality component video cable and your t.v. is set for 1080i you should be good. No one that I'm aware of broadcasts is 1080p. I think it's a bandwidth issue. I'm sure there is some guys on here that could explain it better.

1080p = double the bandwidth of 1080i = double the # of satellites. Not going to happen anytime soon. #2 reason, broadcasters just purchased all this new 1080i equipment. They are not going to throw it away to purchase new, 1080p equipment.

I just bought a 50inch DLP/LCD Rear Projection HDTV, since a lot of my favorite channels are coming to HD thanks to D*, so far the pic looks great, but I am hearing the pq gets better is there something that I need to do in the setting for the TV to get the best possible pq from my D* channels? :D
first off, it would be either be dlp or lcd, they are different technologies. As far as anything you can do, I would suggest getting a dvd called digital video essentials. It will take you through step by step all the user adjustments that you have for both the picture and your sound system. At a minimum, HDNET used to broadcast test signals Sunday Morning, not sure if they still do, but it has been saved in my dvr for a long time.

I realize this is a little off topic, but I've got a 50" 1080p Samsung DLP as well, and trust me on this one - you're going to want an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray player (I prefer PS3/Blu-Ray personally) that upconverts DVD's as well, or an upconverting DVD player at a minimum, if you don't already have one.

Playing DVD's through a normal DVD player on my TV gets mixed results...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Newest Channels

HR20 with one tuner working - searching for satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)