125ku reception with 90cm??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you Titanium. That does make sense, but instead of re-aligning the dish, i went another route.

I got it working by ditching the clamp. I instead used the single lnbf clamp. I then rigged some shims and tie strapped LNB2 onto LNB1. Being 121 is so strong in signal, why would i want to align the dish to 123. This way I'm perfectly aligned for 125, and then i take the most loss on the strongest signal. I watch Montana PBS and OETA a lot, so it's important i keep those signals solid. I'm gonna leave it this way for a few days and see how it goes.

The 2 degree offset from center produced an extremely negligible loss.

Anyway you can mount the LNBFs will work... :) As the perplexing saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat"!

puzzled-face.jpg

On my 3 dishes that have additional LNBFs, each dish is peaked on the intended primary satellite. The extra LNBFs are roughly pointed by hand for the general mounting position and then tweaked for final maximum signal quality once a firm mount has been fabricated. None of the extra LNBFs point toward the center of the reflector but rather where signal is obtained by reflection. It takes a little time but is well worth it.

Reactions: kittyhas1000legs
The 2 degree offset from center produced an extremely negligible loss.

Anyway you can mount the LNBFs will work... :) As the perplexing saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat"!

puzzled-face.jpg
Especially when it is a good sized channel cat!

When I was in college in MO -- 1/2 century ago, a cute little gal made that two line statement rather frequently. She then said it was a southern statement and was referring to catfish! She said the small ones could best be skinned after cooking. She was right on that point, so maybe does mean a catfish.

I spent many hours today playing with it. I got it working with the two bullet lnbfs and the 4 degree separator. I am UNABLE to get Montana PBS reliably. It is spotty. I suspect ill get it on a CLEAR day. Everything else is SOLID. I guess in my area, the 120cm is necessary for reliable Montana PBS.

I spent many hours today playing with it. I got it working with the two bullet lnbfs and the 4 degree separator. I am UNABLE to get Montana PBS reliably. It is spotty. I suspect ill get it on a CLEAR day. Everything else is SOLID. I guess in my area, the 120cm is necessary for reliable Montana PBS.

Montana PBS is also available on 125W at 11916 V 2398 (at times, hasn't been full time, but on fairly often) which you might get. After many years of getting Montana PBS at 12105 V 2398 without much problem on my 80cm, this last week or so it has been completely gone whenever I have checked for it. Could be I need to do a tweak of the dish, but everything else is just fine and don't see any loss of SQ. Since it has been hot and humid here, and tweaking for 12105 has always been a major pain, I am sort of hoping 11916 stays around for good and I can leave things as is!

Reactions: Jason S
Montana PBS is also available on 125W at 11916 V 2398 (at times, hasn't been full time, but on fairly often) which you might get. After many years of getting Montana PBS at 12105 V 2398 without much problem on my 80cm, this last week or so it has been completely gone whenever I have checked for it. Could be I need to do a tweak of the dish, but everything else is just fine and don't see any loss of SQ. Since it has been hot and humid here, and tweaking for 12105 has always been a major pain, I am sort of hoping 11916 stays around for good and I can leave things as is!

Thanks, yea, they both seem to be at the same power setting. They both give me blotchy signals.

12105 came back for me today! For me, 11916 is stronger (62-63 on the AZBox compared to 52 for 12105, and as a reference OETA is at 70). Keep an eye out for 11916, they must be testing it at times, as one time last week it was the strongest transponder on the whole satellite!

Reactions: lost_mesa
I just checked the the 12105 transponder (I got 12103 V 2400 from the original blind scan) 125W 1.2m dish and it came in 'No Signal'... This sometimes happens with my RS-1933, so turned it off and back on and it comes in at 78-80% Q. Compared to, until recently at least, the OETA transponder at a steady 85% Q most of the time.

Thanks to Keith Brannen's info, scanned in the 11916 transponder. This one is coming in a bit weaker right now at 70% Q, but no issues.

I just checked the the 12105 transponder (I got 12103 V 2400 from the original blind scan) 125W 1.2m dish and it came in 'No Signal'... This sometimes happens with my RS-1933, so turned it off and back on and it comes in at 78-80% Q. Compared to, until recently at least, the OETA transponder at a steady 85% Q most of the time.

Thanks to Keith Brannen's info, scanned in the 11916 transponder. This one is coming in a bit weaker right now at 70% Q, but no issues.

OETA is GONE!
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/oeta-gone.361641/

Jeez, less than a month after hooking up a fixed dish on 125. Well, Ugh! Well, i guess ill have to double my efforts to obtain Montana PBS reliably.

Jeez, less than a month after hooking up a fixed dish on 125. Well, Ugh! Well, i guess ill have to double my efforts to obtain Montana PBS reliably.

Six foot Solid Prime focus using the Ku side of a Corotor II works like a champ here for Montana.
Removed the servo and manually set polarity for V only.

Holy Toledo. 12106 v 2398. Fetching at 13.4 db.. They jumped up the power for some reason.. Hope it stays around!

Reactions: KE4EST
No issues in Minnesota using a generic 90cm dish fixed along with a Titanium LNBF. Signals are hot, near 90% quality for PBS, around 50-70% for Montanna PBS and 75% for OETV, well at least when it was around. Not an endorsement, but when I switched to a Titanium LNBF, it did help the signal quality a bit. I was using a dual output LNBF, (before whose name escapes me) and did not need a one LNBF anymore so the single output one was fine. A little less margin for rain fade which does not bother me. I do have an Geosat Pro 90cm that is just sitting around and it should try it on 125° one of these days. It's on the proverbial list of things to do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)