129 users - channel quality poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How's the picture quality of the channels mentioned in the first post of the poll?

• I don't notice a difference

Votes: 85 66.4%
  • Looks better!

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Looks worse!

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don't know. I'm a 61.5 user.

Votes: 16 12.5%

• Total voters

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I'd like any of the 129 HD users to take a look at the following channels and comment on the picture quality.

9419 A&E
9427 Universal HD
9429 National Geographic
9458 Cinemax
9491 History Channel
9499 TBS
9508/9509 NBA TV

I looked at those channels around 5:30 central time. 5 were showing hd. It looked pretty damn good to me. I did check "didn't notice a difference."

Have both 129 and 61.5 but I refuse to use 129 because of the numerous dropouts on sound and picture. So I use only 61.5 and have the 129 lnb covered in aluminum foil.

Just watched A Night at the Museum that I dvred off of CinemaxHD today. Just got my HD set (LNT4661F) this past Sunday (and only just now signed up with the penny/year offer) but I have to say I thought it looked excellent to me.

I also watched the Night at the Museum, looked real good to me, also like the History channel HD content...but didnt watch any last night.

All the channels look good to me, except TBS and NBA, which I cannot watch because they're on transponder 6, which jumps between 0 and 6 for signal strength.

Looks about the same to me.. But that is going by the last time I watched any of those channels which has been a day or two..

All the channels look good to me, except TBS and NBA, which I cannot watch because they're on transponder 6, which jumps between 0 and 6 for signal strength.

Aaron - you can fix that in three different ways (I'm assuming you have a "Dish-1000"):

- Add an 18-inch dish pointed at 61.5, which has the same channels from a stronger satellite.

- Assuming that you have a Dish-1000, have it replaced with a Dish-1000.2 which is the same, except that it works better with 129.

- Add a 24-inch dish pointed at 129, which will have stronger reception on 129.

If you call Dish and speak to Tech Support, they should be able to correct your problem without charge to you (be sure to verify that while talking to them).

Aaron - you can fix that in three different ways (I'm assuming you have a "Dish-1000"):

- Add an 18-inch dish pointed at 61.5, which has the same channels from a stronger satellite.

- Assuming that you have a Dish-1000, have it replaced with a Dish-1000.2 which is the same, except that it works better with 129.

- Add a 24-inch dish pointed at 129, which will have stronger reception on 129.

If you call Dish and speak to Tech Support, they should be able to correct your problem without charge to you (be sure to verify that while talking to them).

Yep. I already have the 1000.2, and I already have a 2nd 18" dish to pick up 61.5. I'd drop 129 altogether, but my locals are on it. Sometimes the receiver chooses to grab TBSHD off of 61.5 (signal strength 50-70), and I'll be able to watch it with no problems, but most of the time the receiver likes to try to get it from 129 and then fail without reverting back to 61.5. Oh well.

A 24 inch dish is a possibility, but it's only that transponder that is awful, and I rarely watch any of the channels on it.

Yep. I already have the 1000.2, and I already have a 2nd 18" dish to pick up 61.5. I'd drop 129 altogether, but my locals are on it. Sometimes the receiver chooses to grab TBSHD off of 61.5 (signal strength 50-70), and I'll be able to watch it with no problems, but most of the time the receiver likes to try to get it from 129 and then fail without reverting back to 61.5. Oh well.

A 24 inch dish is a possibility, but it's only that transponder that is awful, and I rarely watch any of the channels on it.

Weird. I'm in the midwest too and I'm getting a 41 right now on 129 TP6, and it's a foggy, drizzly night.

I use 129. I am in central PA and actually am not suppose to be in the 129 'footprint'. But, surprisingly... it works fine and have decent PQ. Signal isnt the greatest though. But, have no issues.

I only watch about 1/2 of those channels, but TBS seems to be most problematic with frequent dropouts. I have not noticed much difference in A&E HD, History Channel HD (which I watch all the time). Don't watch the others enough to comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)