18V to two LNB's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I just want to know if we give 18V to two LNB's through a multi-switch irrespective of the receiver's sending voltage do we get proper polarization V or H?

Are you feeding a stand alone LNB with separate feedhorn and polar rotor?

I just want to know if we give 18V to two LNB's through a multi-switch irrespective of the receiver's sending voltage do we get proper polarization V or H?
Yup you can do this and add Bias T`s to the system....It does make it nice using a laptop power supply ( 20 v ) but really I see no benefit other than using a regular powered multiswitch...Now if you have a large dish farm then this could be a benefit...I was going to go down that road but after seeing that laptop power supply`s will last about a yr or so and then needed replacing I went with 14 powered multiswitch`s..They just work!

Thats just it john _robot?..I would not waist my time trying to juice both lnb`s at 18v..What I am using here for 6 plus yrs on the entire farm is the Zinwell 4803`s...Man they are almost bulletproof and in that timeframe of the 14 in the system I have only had 1 failure......Much more reliable than what you are thinking of doing...I say this as I can only assume you were thinking of a laptop power supply and Bias T`s??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts