18V to two LNB's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I just want to know if we give 18V to two LNB's through a multi-switch irrespective of the receiver's sending voltage do we get proper polarization V or H?

Are you feeding a stand alone LNB with separate feedhorn and polar rotor?

I just want to know if we give 18V to two LNB's through a multi-switch irrespective of the receiver's sending voltage do we get proper polarization V or H?
Yup you can do this and add Bias T`s to the system....It does make it nice using a laptop power supply ( 20 v ) but really I see no benefit other than using a regular powered multiswitch...Now if you have a large dish farm then this could be a benefit...I was going to go down that road but after seeing that laptop power supply`s will last about a yr or so and then needed replacing I went with 14 powered multiswitch`s..They just work!

Thats just it john _robot?..I would not waist my time trying to juice both lnb`s at 18v..What I am using here for 6 plus yrs on the entire farm is the Zinwell 4803`s...Man they are almost bulletproof and in that timeframe of the 14 in the system I have only had 1 failure......Much more reliable than what you are thinking of doing...I say this as I can only assume you were thinking of a laptop power supply and Bias T`s??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)