2/18/2009 1:52pm - Uplink Activity Report - 71 changes

I also see that Dish has some new PI channels which they already carried. Wonder whats up with that?

My guess is it's for packaging. The "Free PI Pack" would only show the 9400 range? They are still missing CCTV9 and The Documentary Channel from that channel range.

One again it just looks like Dish gave up on the well structured channel number arrangement and are doing what cable companies do and just throwing channels up where the next channel number is without regard for content type.

See ya
Tony

just another disappointing week. Congrats to those with locals

They said Spring for national HD, so I'm taking them at their word on that. People have been clamoring for Fox News, FX, and Speed for a long time and accidentally got one of them. :) The Viacom agreement was announced, but no Viacom HD expected for months afterward. I guess since we aren't being charged the higher rates for February service, we can't bitch too much yet.

Is it odd that the spotbeams for the Toledo locals barely cover the Toledo viewing area? The green oval covers not much more than the metro area, and the yellow oval appears to miss a bit of the fringe viewing audience.

Now I won't have to choose between Heroes and 24 which one gets recorded in SD.
Hehe, here's my Thursday night timers:

• Grey's Anatomy, ABC (OTA), 9:00-10:10pm (Grey's used to run over up to 7 minutes)
  • Manual Timer, NBC (SD, Dish provided), 9:55pm-10:15pm
  • Manual Timer, NBC (OTA), 10:15pm-11:05pm

The two manual timers were for ER. Royal pain in the a**. Manual timers don't work for when a show is a re-run or doesn't even run too.

What would these be?

6802 - UP2 [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 18 ConUS beam (NA)
6805 - UP4 [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 32 ConUS beam (NA)

Virtual place holders for transponders.

Is it odd that the spotbeams for the Toledo locals barely cover the Toledo viewing area? The green oval covers not much more than the metro area, and the yellow oval appears to miss a bit of the fringe viewing audience.

The maps are predictions. I've found with some spots they are hotter(bigger) than the predictions.

I was kind of hoping KSWO-TV channel 7 in Lawton, OK would finally get its HD channel lit up on E*12. The three network affiliates in Wichita Falls are available in HD. At least I can get KSWO in HD over the air via outside antenna.

First, I think the spotbeam "maps" are likely conservative. People outside of the "line" probably do just fine... That said, how far south is Toledo's DMA ? Lima is in it's own, but what about Findlay (or Bowling Green) ? People south of Lima, as close as Wapak, are in Dayton's DMA.

Orange and Blue sounds like a Fight'n Illini fan.
We're loyal to you Illinois,
We're "Orange and Blue," Illinois,
We'll back you to stand 'gainst the best in the land,
For we know you have sand, Illinois, Rah! Rah!
So crack out that ball Illinois,
We're backing you all Illinois;
Our team is our fame protector,
On! boys, for we expect a vict'ry from you Illinois!

(In glorious High Definition, of course!)

They said Spring for national HD, so I'm taking them at their word on that. People have been clamoring for Fox News, FX, and Speed for a long time and accidentally got one of them. :) The Viacom agreement was announced, but no Viacom HD expected for months afterward. I guess since we aren't being charged the higher rates for February service, we can't bitch too much yet.

I don't know about you but my bill is due on the 26th and it is 3 dollars higher than last months for Classic Gold 250.

First, I think the spotbeam "maps" are likely conservative. People outside of the "line" probably do just fine... That said, how far south is Toledo's DMA ? Lima is in it's own, but what about Findlay (or Bowling Green) ? People south of Lima, as close as Wapak, are in Dayton's DMA.

I'm south of Findlay and north of Lima and have the Toledo SD channels - I would hope I will be getting the HD versions. The spotbeam map probably has me just on or south of the green line.

Bowling Green is in Toledo's DMA. Findlay is as well. I was sort of basing it on what I remember seeing them cover as far as weather watches and warnings when I was still living at home.

I was quite sure that those weren't hard boundaries, but I wasn't sure the conservativeness of the estimates. The reason I asked is because I wanted to see how far they stretched. I would love to pick up Toledo's locals "through moving" for the purpose of watching some Detroit sports. My guess is that line is not conservative enough for the spotbeam to reach Dayton (southeast Dayton to be more specific). I probably wouldn't have the nerves to actually go through with a "move" but I was curious.

Bowling Green is in Toledo's DMA. Findlay is as well. I was sort of basing it on what I remember seeing them cover as far as weather watches and warnings when I was still living at home.

I was quite sure that those weren't hard boundaries, but I wasn't sure the conservativeness of the estimates. The reason I asked is because I wanted to see how far they stretched. I would love to pick up Toledo's locals "through moving" for the purpose of watching some Detroit sports. My guess is that line is not conservative enough for the spotbeam to reach Dayton (southeast Dayton to be more specific). I probably wouldn't have the nerves to actually go through with a "move" but I was curious.

Check the signal strength on the Toledo transponder, T16. If you're within the beam, you'll get a decent signal strength.