2/18/2009 1:52pm - Uplink Activity Report - 71 changes

What will that fix my lack of OTA guide info?

I have never had guide info for my OTA HD locals from Charlottesville and Richmond but I do have guide info for the Charlottesville locals through Dish.
What satellites carry Charlottesville and Richmond's locals ? Are you looking at them ? If, for example, Charlottesville's locals are off of 61.5, but you only look at 110/119/129, you won't get the guide data.

With Dayton, OH locals being available now, I may have to "move". I currently receive all Cincinnati and Dayton stations OTA without much issue. I also got a DTVPal DVR back in December to be able to record more OTA stations at once. I don't feel like putting up a wing dish to get Cincinnati locals (plus, CBS is missing in Cincinnati).

If only they'd put Cincinnati on 129 as well. :)

BTW when Dish negotiates for local HD channels they normally do not talk to the station manager, instead they talk to the stations owners and try getting all of the stations that company owns as a package.

I understand that Scott, and on a side note I am really thankful for this site and all the insight you are able to give us, but like was said KCRG is an independent station and the GM that I was talking to was the one that just finished the negotiations with D*. Being an independent station I understand why E* is not real interested in them but they are our largest station in the area and would be nice to have for those of us on the fringe or out of reach by antenna.

Thanks again for the information it is always helpful to me to see.

What satellites carry Charlottesville and Richmond's locals ? Are you looking at them ? If, for example, Charlottesville's locals are off of 61.5, but you only look at 110/119/129, you won't get the guide data.

Charlottesville is on 129, currently Richmond is 61.5 but will be moved to 129 "soon" based on the List.

I understand that Scott, and on a side note I am really thankful for this site and all the insight you are able to give us, but like was said KCRG is an independent station and the GM that I was talking to was the one that just finished the negotiations with D*. Being an independent station I understand why E* is not real interested in them but they are our largest station in the area and would be nice to have for those of us on the fringe or out of reach by antenna.

Thanks again for the information it is always helpful to me to see.

Same here, I think we here in Cincinnati are overdue for locals on the Western Arc. Let's hope it comes into being in the next few weeks.

Charlottesville is on 129, currently Richmond is 61.5 but will be moved to 129 "soon" based on the List.
I may have mis-read your earlier post. You get SD locals from Charlottesville via Dish; you get OTA HD locals from Charlottesville and Richmond. Is that correct ?

You absolutely should have guide data for the Charlottesville OTA locals too then. Something is wrong... When Richmond's locals move to 129', you should get that guide data (for the OTAs) too.

Digi, will those Dayton locals stay where they are at?
Not trying to speak for him, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know... For what it's worth, Dayton's SD locals are already on 129' so it's "convenient" that they put the HD locals on 129' too.

Now, how does Dayton (and many other "eastern" cities) factor into "Eastern Arc" ? Who knows ! Cincinnati is part of EA but Dayton and Columbus are not. Will they move us sometime in the future ?

I may have mis-read your earlier post. You get SD locals from Charlottesville via Dish; you get OTA HD locals from Charlottesville and Richmond. Is that correct ?

You absolutely should have guide data for the Charlottesville OTA locals too then. Something is wrong... When Richmond's locals move to 129', you should get that guide data (for the OTAs) too.

Correct on both counts.

I have talked/chatted with Dish several times about this situation and I am hoping the the changes in the uplink,when they are turned on, will take care of my guide data problem.

Last night I enjoyed Lost so much in HD. Finally -- after all this patience, New Orleans.
With an outdoor antenna aimed se you can get all of the new orleans locals in hd
with it aimed west you can get all of the baton rouge locals in hd. Also comes in handy as a back up/ 3rd recording hd thru dish

With an outdoor antenna aimed se you can get all of the new orleans locals in hd
with it aimed west you can get all of the baton rouge locals in hd. Also comes in handy as a back up/ 3rd recording hd thru dish

I read that you were doing that -- I have every intention of putting up an OTA. I live near the University. What antenna do I need?

Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski
BTW when Dish negotiates for local HD channels they normally do not talk to the station manager, instead they talk to the stations owners and try getting all of the stations that company owns as a package.

That might be normally true, but not in my case. When I inquired to the parent company of KYTV,KDL, and KSPR (Schurz Communications) about when Dish would carry their HD feed, they referred me to KYTV's Director. I posted his reply somewhere around here. Basically what he said is that HE was responsible for negotiating with Dish and Directv. Schurz owns 15 stations. I would have thought it would have been the way that you stated Scott. I've also found conflicting reports on the internet saying that Schurz wants a deal with Dish for all of their stations. But, that email points to the contrary.

Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski

That might be normally true, but not in my case. When I inquired to the parent company of KYTV,KDL, and KSPR (Schurz Communications) about when Dish would carry their HD feed, they referred me to KYTV's Director. I posted his reply somewhere around here. Basically what he said is that HE was responsible for negotiating with Dish and Directv. Schurz owns 15 stations. I would have thought it would have been the way that you stated Scott. I've also found conflicting reports on the internet saying that Schurz wants a deal with Dish for all of their stations. But, that email points to the contrary.

Scott G. commented "I dont think Dish is sponsoring a car this year."

Correct. I hadn't seen a press release on that or anything, so just missed seeing that Dish was dropping out. Thanks Scott G. for the update! In looking at this issue, I was struck by how constricting the current economy is. This might be the year when we begin seeing less than full 43 car fields in some of the Sprint series races.

SO - I'm still not getting the New Orleans locals in HD - though I am subscribed to the SD locals.

I do get them OTA, but the guide info has always been wrong for some channels, thus causing me to have to record some in SD in order to get consistent recordings. I was hoping the digital switchover would help to straighten out the guide problems.

Any ideas why the HD locals aren't showing up in my guide? I have deleted & re-scanned locals & it did not help.

SO - I'm still not getting the New Orleans locals in HD - though I am subscribed to the SD locals.

I do get them OTA, but the guide info has always been wrong for some channels, thus causing me to have to record some in SD in order to get consistent recordings. I was hoping the digital switchover would help to straighten out the guide problems.

Any ideas why the HD locals aren't showing up in my guide? I have deleted & re-scanned locals & it did not help.

1. Did you do a Check Switch?
2. Go Menu-6-9. Are the local HDs in the list in the left box? If so, click Channel Display. If SD only is checked, change to HD Priority or HD and SD.
3. Contact E* tech support.