2/8/2010 9:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 34 changes

I have been investigating this, and you can get 129 in Maine with an elevation of about 12 degrees.

Before Ciel-2 was launched, everyone was desperate to replace their 129 dishes with 61.5 dishes because EchoStar 5 at 129 was really weak.

Now Dish has a strong satellite, Cel-2 at 129, it might be possible to receive 129 even in Maine:

Ciel 2 129W Can7 Conus (Satkml)

A good site to check this is:

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com
uhh perhaps u should visit and see allthe hills

I have been investigating this, and you can get 129 in Maine with an elevation of about 12 degrees.

Before Ciel-2 was launched, everyone was desperate to replace their 129 dishes with 61.5 dishes because EchoStar 5 at 129 was really weak.

Now Dish has a strong satellite, Cel-2 at 129, it might be possible to receive 129 even in Maine:

Ciel 2 129W Can7 Conus (Satkml)

A good site to check this is:

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

So I should be able to swing my 61.5 dish over there to pick it up then, right??

Josh

So I should be able to swing my 61.5 dish over there to pick it up then, right??

Josh

If you do not have an obstacle, like a tree, hill or building in the way.

Check the dishpointer.com site.

Also, if your locals are on 61.5 then you would lose them, so you would need to add an extra dish for 129.

Just got off with a CSR at dish..
As per her...

She just read me the list thats going live tomarow.

All off sat 129..

Scott is on the money..

E HD
tru HD
BBC HD
FSC HD

No word on Epix...darn!

All of this talk about phases reminded me of this:
underpantsgnomes.jpg
lol, i was thinking the same thing.

time to go to work, work all day....

Wouldn't the better solution for SunDude be to replace one of the 500's with a 1000.2, and feed the 500 @ 61.5 into the back of that?

I dont think this will work this time and dont think people should call. I am hearing the HD on 72.7 is a temporary stop gap just to get them launched while they work on their 61.5 issues.
I appreciate what you are saying and agree with it....to a point. The real question is what constitutes a "temporary stop gap"

I understand the problems with the 61.5 bird, and I would not expect dish to hold off on the release of the new HD for the rest of their subscriber base. But, in my opinion, this idea of "what they don't know", just doesn't stand up.

At the end of the day you have two groups of subscribers, paying the same fees, but getting different levels of service. beside being a possible violation of the Uniform Commercial Code, this is just a piss poor way of doing business.

If this is indeed an unanticipated development, and I believe it is, dish should come clean, explain what's going on, and when they expect it to be resolved. Most subscribers are reasonable people and will understand.

If Dish knows this is going to drag on for any extended period then the people dependent on the 61.5 bird should be compensated. If not, then they deserve to at least be inundated with irate call and emails, and I, for one will be taking a close look at other providers.

Compensated? How about a free install of a 500 pointed at 72.7? That would really be the *most* that it would seem anyone should be entitled to. That, or a free swap out of their current dish to a 1000.4...

Ok, I've checked "the list" & I see that the Norfolk, VA locals are shown on 129 as well as 61.5? Anybody in VA able to confirm this? And, I have a Dish 300 pointed @ 61.5, can the 300 be used to pick up 129 if I can get an LOS?

Thx...

So I according to last nights Scotty chat, 110,119,61.5 customers were getting the New HD.

So now what?
Right after we went off the air I received some documentation explaining that the HD was going to stay on 72.7.

I actually got it just as our show ended. (Ask TNGTony, I reported it in the online chat and he was not happy.)

And on top of everything else, the Federal Government has been closed (rightfully) Monday and Tuesday due to the huge snowstorm that hit the mid-Atlantic area. And yet another storm is imminent.

It could be a while before the FCC acts on this...

Having the Federal Government shut down for another couple of days is a good thing!

Attachments

• government03.jpg
    government03.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 158
I dont know about that, as its being used on the Eastern Arc now.

E6 was used at 72 and didn't cover Maine that well at 72, now they are shifting it 10-11 degrees further which will cause even more pain in Maine.

They could always throw some of the various SD CONUS channels on this bird and let the HD channels stay on the E12/E3 combo.