2/8/2010 9:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 34 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I dont think this will work this time and dont think people should call. I am hearing the HD on 72.7 is a temporary stop gap just to get them launched while they work on their 61.5 issues.

So why don't they wait? If they're contractually obligated to launch the new channels now, do the channel providers care that half the customers won't be actually getting them?

So why don't they wait? If they're contractually obligated to launch the new channels now, do the channel providers care that half the customers won't be actually getting them?

I'd guess the providers won't be thrilled with a portion of people not being able to get the channel (for ad revenue purposes); but at the same time i'd guess they're paid based on subs enrolled in the progamming package in which they are included (rather than how many are actually receiving it). So rolling it out to some subs is probably better than nothing to them. This is all speculation on my part and the contracts could be completely different.

My source confirmed with me that these channels would be launched tomorrow, 02-10-10, around 5pm eastern time. :)

Sportsman HD
Hallmark HD
Showtime HD west
TruTV HD
Fox Soccer Channel HD
Retro HD
Indie HD
BBC America HD
E! Entertainment HD

------------------------

ET Financial News SD

Last edited:
My source confirmed with me that these channels would be launched tomorrow, 02-10-10, around 5pm eastern time. :)

Sportsman HD
Hallmark HD
Showtime HD west
TruTV HD
Fox Soccer Channel HD
Retro HD
Indie HD
BBC America HD
E! Entertainment HD

------------------------

ET financial news channel SD

too bad, we will miss that man u game. but they do usually replay it in the afternoon.

While I feel your pain, you should not let cause you to distort the situation.

It seems unlikely to me that 119/110/61.5 customers are even 1% of Dish customers.

Also, all you are saying is "Everyone else should have to wait because I cannot have it."

Why would that be better than launching tomorrow ?

Anyone who wants the channels can put up another dish for 129 or 72.7, even if temprarily. Hell, I have 5 dishes...

Just got an update telling me BBC America will also be on 72.7 and not on 61.5. :(

This means BBC America will only be on 72.7 and 129. :(

Again just got this document a few moments ago.

While I feel your pain, you should not let cause you to distort the situation.

It seems unlikely to me that 119/110/61.5 customers are even 1% of Dish customers.

Also, all you are saying is "Everyone else should have to wait because I cannot have it."

Anyone who wants the channels can put up another dish for 129, even if temprarily. Hell, I have 5 dishes...
Dish is installing a 1000.4 for me on Friday, So no new HD for me untill then.

Because everyone is paying the same amount, but getting different channels. That should be unthinkable, not something to be making excuses for.

What happens if they can't get permission to move E6 to 61.5, or something goes wrong with it?

Let's look at it this way. If the 61.5 satellite that is there today got hit by space junk and exploded should Dish turn off 72.7 and 129 to make it equitable? Just sayin......

Because everyone is paying the same amount, but getting different channels. That should be unthinkable, not something to be making excuses for.

What happens if they can't get permission to move E6 to 61.5, or something goes wrong with it?

Then Dish will have to scramble and swap out or add to the Dish setups of the current 110, 199, 61.5 customers. It doesn't mean that Dish should stop adding HD until the new sat for 61.5 can be launched next year.

Edit to add: There is also nothing stopping you from calling Dish once the new HD is live and asking why you can't receive it. They may change out or add to your Dish setup to make it so that you can watch the channels even during the interim stopgap period.

Does that mean that NYC people should be paying more because they are getting 18 local channels and many of us get 6-8? It will take some time for Dish to get this straightened out. With all the injustices in the world, the fact that I can not get a few movie channels and BBC-America in HD for a month is not even on my radar. Of course, if Dish wishes to take a few dollars off my bill until they straiighten this out just to be equitable, I won't complain :;