2 boxes at Camper

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcavaiani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
WI
At camper I have one long run (100') from a tree mounted dish. I plan to just split the signal right before connecting to Sat1 and Sat2 (both "home-runs inside - to bedroom and living room) located outside camper. Originally, I now have a just an oval dish and will use that for a few weeks UNTIL I put up the SWM Slimline and then add in/attach the appropriate "connectors/adapters" needed for that signal. Actually, I don't think I can get 2 boxes to work simultaneously UNTIL I put up the SWM and components. Comments?

ACTUALLY, ONE other question: Is the outside tv "out" connection (which is outside the bedroom) capable of somehow getting the directv box signal from the sat2 box which I will have in the bedroom (so I will be able to watch Directv outside as well)?

At camper I have one long run (100') from a tree mounted dish. I plan to just split the signal right before connecting to Sat1 and Sat2 (both "home-runs inside - to bedroom and living room) located outside camper. Originally, I now have a just an oval dish and will use that for a few weeks UNTIL I put up the SWM Slimline and then add in/attach the appropriate "connectors/adapters" needed for that signal. Actually, I don't think I can get 2 boxes to work simultaneously UNTIL I put up the SWM and components. Comments?

ACTUALLY, ONE other question: Is the outside tv "out" connection (which is outside the bedroom) capable of somehow getting the directv box signal from the sat2 box which I will have in the bedroom (so I will be able to watch Directv outside as well)?
Once you get the swm set up, you can use the splitter for it and have signal on all 3.

You didn't say what recvrs you are currently trying to use.
Also, your using the oval dish, how many outputs on the current LNB ?

You won't get HD with the current set up.

Reactions: dcavaiani
Once you get the swm set up, you can use the splitter for it and have signal on all 3.

You didn't say what recvrs you are currently trying to use.
Also, your using the oval dish, how many outputs on the current LNB ?

You won't get HD with the current set up.

For the next couple of weeks, if I put an H24 HD box (to be used in HD for the future SWM setup) on the one line (last year it was the D12) from the oval phase 4 - do I need any special band stops, etc.? After the SWM and all associated filters are installed, I will have the H24 in one room and the D12 in the bedroom. I do not have a 3rd box and do not plan on one. I have a TV output connector outside of the bedroom. Just wondering if I may be able to get my direct tv signal out there (from the bedroom), by some chance? I do get the camper top OTA antenna signal outside there now when I plug/connect a tv out there.

Last edited:
Surprised you haven't gone to SWM earlier as it is ideal for an RV as it requires only one wire in to a green label splitter and of course a SWM power inserter. From the splitter you can feed multiple tuners. Forgot how many as I now have a SWM13 that feeds thirteen. That said, I am now ancient history as they are trying to limit you to one box and clients.

For the next couple of weeks, if I put an H24 HD box (to be used in HD for the future SWM setup) on the one line (last year it was the D12) from the oval phase 4 - do I need any special band stops, etc.? After the SWM and all associated filters are installed, I will have the H24 in one room and the D12 in the bedroom. I do not have a 3rd box and do not plan on one. I have a TV output connector outside of the bedroom. Just wondering if I may be able to get my direct tv signal out there (from the bedroom), by some chance? I do get the camper top OTA antenna signal outside there now when I plug/connect a tv out there.
Possibly, if you put the D* splitter in a spot you can connect the feed to that outside output, then yes.

Look everything over closely, most RVS have a power supply that the existing lines go to, this cannot be on any D* lines being used.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)