2 Genies... ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also what happens when or if they also start to phase out their regular HD DVR's?

Then AT&T would have to be using some sort of Cloud based storage system for On Demand as well as for personal in home recordings. That system is foreign to what they are doing now, where the HD DVR is the heart of the viewing environment.

I think most people underestimate greed. Direct wants everyone to have a box with all the tuners and clients that are useless without that box, and they want it hooked up to the internet.

This is the best way to make sure that friends/neighbors don'thave 2 houses served by one account. Of course, it sucks for the consumer, because if the genie goes down, the WHOLE HOUSE goes down. Then, the tech arrives to a 25 dollar service call and a fuming customer.

Anything from them that includes the word "streaming" also includes the word "tracking"

right now, 2 hr44s plus any clients at all will give various MOCA errors. Genies are servers, and nothing but issues arrive with multiple servers "serving" the same network.
the swm3 that is tech associated with hr44s, will be overloaded by 2 hr44s, swm3 can't support that many tuners
the reverse band digital swm, associated with the hr54, can handle 2 hr44s, but would be overloaded by 2 hr54

you COULD do a digitalswm rblnb with 2 hr44s, but add clients and you have issues.MOCA networks get tricky with 2 servers. However, a genie and hddvrs works just fine. Have actually done a job, swm16, with a hr44, and 3 hr24s

Anything new you see from ATT, will "coincidentally" have features that make it harder for anyone to possibly use a single account at different addresses. they will give you an h25 for your rv, but iI'venever installed 2 genies on one account, not even commercial...and those people pay thousands for sSundayticket.

I think most people underestimate greed. Direct wants everyone to have a box with all the tuners and clients that are useless without that box, and they want it hooked up to the internet.

This is the best way to make sure that friends/neighbors don'thave 2 houses served by one account. Of course, it sucks for the consumer, because if the genie goes down, the WHOLE HOUSE goes down. Then, the tech arrives to a 25 dollar service call and a fuming customer.

Anything from them that includes the word "streaming" also includes the word "tracking"

right now, 2 hr44s plus any clients at all will give various MOCA errors. Genies are servers, and nothing but issues arrive with multiple servers "serving" the same network.
the swm3 that is tech associated with hr44s, will be overloaded by 2 hr44s, swm3 can't support that many tuners
the reverse band digital swm, associated with the hr54, can handle 2 hr44s, but would be overloaded by 2 hr54

you COULD do a digitalswm rblnb with 2 hr44s, but add clients and you have issues.MOCA networks get tricky with 2 servers. However, a genie and hddvrs works just fine. Have actually done a job, swm16, with a hr44, and 3 hr24s

Anything new you see from ATT, will "coincidentally" have features that make it harder for anyone to possibly use a single account at different addresses. they will give you an h25 for your rv, but iI'venever installed 2 genies on one account, not even commercial...and those people pay thousands for sSundayticket.
Years ago when i heard DirecTV trade mark 'Genie Lite', I was expecting a non-server Genie. Instead they stamp that name onto a HDD-less Genie.

Why they have not produced a non-server Genie is a question have I yet to see them answered.

I am not sure what a "non-server" Genie would be. Are you speaking of a 5 tuner HDDVR without the Whole home or server capability? What would be the point?

Then AT&T would have to be using some sort of Cloud based storage system for On Demand as well as for personal in home recordings. That system is foreign to what they are doing now, where the HD DVR is the heart of the viewing environment.
Yes however AT&T U-Verse TV has on demand as well as their own cable service. I would know because I have it.

I am not sure what a "non-server" Genie would be. Are you speaking of a 5 tuner HDDVR without the Whole home or server capability? What would be the point?

5 tuners no HD/DVR capability, option to add a DTV branded external HD to make it a DVR, cannot be added to current Genie account. It exists, ours is not to reason why.

Yes however AT&T U-Verse TV has on demand as well as their own cable service. I would know because I have it.

I had it once too. I don't understand your point. But hahahahaha that is ok. It's probably due to my neurological brain disease. I've really been struggling with my comprehension and retention of read information lately. Oh well. Anyway, I loved U-Verse's UI. But man, did they ever downgrade the resolution out of their HD picture quality. WOW! Hey, I hope that you Have A Great Day!!!! Go Cubs! WS or bust!

I had it once too. I don't understand your point. But hahahahaha that is ok. It's probably due to my neurological brain disease. I've really been struggling with my comprehension and retention of read information lately. Oh well. Anyway, I loved U-Verse's UI. But man, did they ever downgrade the resolution out of their HD picture quality. WOW! Hey, I hope that you Have A Great Day!!!! Go Cubs! WS or bust!
Ya they might see 4K in the year 2023 at the rate their going. They might not see it at all. The UI is nicer now with the dark theme. The modem has random reboots and kills the whole system

Im a south sider.......bust!.....lol! :)

Reactions: goaliebob99
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts