2 GEOSat C2 LNBF's and 4 receivers... how to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikhel

On Vacation
Original poster
May 27, 2008
San Diego, California
Hi, i was wondering if it was possible to have 4 receivers connected to two prime focus antennae (8ft and 10ft) equiped with a C2 LNBF in each of them (the ones with double output for C-Band), so i can watch 2 satellites in 4 different receivers at the same time.

Cheers

Mike

Oh... NICE!! i tought it would only function for Ku, with the receivers sending voltage and all that, i guess i was being paranoid :p.

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers

Mike

That is how mine is setup

dual LNB from 99W C-band
dual LNB from 121W C-band

into a 4x4 switch to 3 receivers (one port is bad) ;)

I'll be using a Pansat 2500a, a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, a CaptiveWorks 700s and either a CW600s Premium or a Cooltec i got pretty cheap :p (if i can bring it to life via JTAG).

Cheers

Mike

Hehehehe maaaan this cheap receivers keep appearing more and more often!! I guess the guys with the patch and wooden leg are getting rid of everything :p.

I'll see if i can get a Zinwell 4x4 :D, and tomorrow... operation JTAG.

Thanks!

Mike

NICE!! it works flawlessly... a friend lend me his 4x4 and it worked, now i'll try and get mine :D, also i connected the output from the 4x4 to a 4x1 DiSEqC where i had 2 other sats and... still have an opening for another sat!!:

113ºW (C-Band) and 116.8ºW (C-Band) in 4x4
················?·················
95ºW Ku-------> 4x1 DiSEqC <---------- 123ºW Ku
················?·················
Any of the receivers i have (CW's, Pansat or Fortec :D)

[PIE]Thanks!!![/PIE]

Now off to find one for me... i guess the ones included on those old Directv dishes with two LNBs also work, i think maybe on of those dishes it's gonna be easier to find than a standalone 4x4 switch since i am in México.

Mike

Would a 3x4 switch work for each dual output LNBF? it seems i can get a couple of 3x4 relatively cheap instead of a single 4x4.

sam34020154254.jpg

Cheers

Mike

WOOOOOOOOOW hahahahahaha i like it!!! if i get it this is so i could have 4 sats in 8 receivers using a single switch? sounds pretty cool if it is that way :D.

Thanks for bringing up that thread.

Cheers

Mike

No, a 4x8 has four inputs - two from each of two LNBs: the Vertical and the Horizontal polarities.
BUT, by following several 4x4's or 4x8's with 4x1 diseqc switches, you could have EIGHT LNBs.
See our Switches Simplified FAQ... somewhere in the FAQ department... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts