2 identical 1forall remotes stopped working this morning on 522 receiver

suetravel

Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Dallas
I have 2 One For All remotes that both stopped working on a 522 receiver this morning. I was using them up till midnight last night. Have installed fresh batteries and tried even recoding using the 0775 echostar remote code to no avail. The odds of both remotes going bad at exactly the same moment are too coincidental. I suspect a firmware update in the receiver caused this.

Any ideas on how to recover? The remote control is a URC 4041 and again 2 identical models fail with fresh batteries. I also tried reprogramming using the codes 1005 and 1775 also listed for echostar. Nothing.

Thanks!

Note: The remote that came with the receiver still works this morning. I rebooted (power off and on) the receiver which did no good, even ran the check switch in an attempt to get it to reload from scratch but this did not cause anything to download again. The check switch ran in record time, in fact.

Go into system info and see what your remote address is set to, I would guess it should be #1.

That was it! Tell me how I could do something in my sleep that it takes me an hour to do with 2 books and Internet browser screens open!

Strangest thing I ever saw. The remote would have had to be programmed as was the receiver. Oh well - maybe a ghost did it. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)