2 TVs one HD, one SD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I have DIRECT TV coming to do an install in a week. As you can see in the title I want two Tv's hooked up. Will the HD receiver come with two outputs, HD and SD so that I can watch the same picture in two rooms, on two different TVs? I like to watch tv on a stairmaster machine.

Guess I should have asked this question before scheduling an install. Worse comes to worse I would assume that the HD DVR receiver will have this capability.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking , but the H20 has all outputs active simultaneously so that you can run a second SD TV via composite cable while watching HD via HDMI or Component.

If you were wanting to use coax cable to feed the 2nd tv, you will need an RF modulator to convert one of the Composite (RCA) outputs to RF.

:)

I'll be interested in doing the same thing. Total wiring distance from the HR21/AM21 to the second (SD) tv (in an adjacent room) would be no more than about 25 feet, through the basement underneath. Video input options for my second tv would only be RF, s-video and composite. If I used s-video or composite for the video, I'd need RCA left and right audio too (which wouldn't be a problem).

I seem to remember that most (inexpensive) RF modulators provide only mono audio output - can anyone confirm? I'd prefer at least 2-channel stereo on the second tv, if possible. Is the audio output of the HR21 over the RCA left/right output jacks in 2-channel stereo?

I'm thinking that best video quality to the second tv would be by s-video, but I'm not sure if s-video can go that distance...

In what format would the picture display on the second tv then? 4x3 or 16x9 with black bars on top and bottom? Would this change based on whether the HR21/AM21 were tuned to an SD (4x3) or HD (16x9) channel?

Thanks in advance...

I have DIRECT TV coming to do an install in a week. As you can see in the title I want two Tv's hooked up. Will the HD receiver come with two outputs, HD and SD so that I can watch the same picture in two rooms, on two different TVs? I like to watch tv on a stairmaster machine.

Guess I should have asked this question before scheduling an install. Worse comes to worse I would assume that the HD DVR receiver will have this capability.

Actually Dishnetwork's dual tuner HDDVRs would be a perfect fit for your situation equipment wise, with its TV1 (HDDVR) and TV2 (SDDVR) in one box. Even though I use DirecTV, I don't mind saying so in case you have not heard of it.

In what format would the picture display on the second tv then? 4x3 or 16x9 with black bars on top and bottom? Would this change based on whether the HR21/AM21 were tuned to an SD (4x3) or HD (16x9) channel?

Thanks in advance...

All programming would be seen as 4x3 480i.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)