2 year expire in April

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csun213

Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Hayward, CA
Hi guys, my 2 year contract is up in April. I am thinking about changing to AT&T due to their new customer sign up package. I am just wondering what you guys think about changing over to AT&T for the people that have or had them?

What kind of deal are anyone receiving after their contract expires to retain them for another 2 years?

Would appreciate any feedback on your experience upon expiration.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I will be staying with directv. Dish is out of the question due to no full time HD RSN's. ATT's Uverse I'm saying no to as they have very poor picture quality on their HD channels as well as thier stream limits would kill all DVR viewing in my house. I need a minimal of 6 tuners to keep everyone happy and record shows. Comcast is looking very attractive at this point, but I'm going to stay with Directv because I have MRV and alot invested in equipment that I dont want to give up, only to have to pay if I want to come back. Going on an account vacation might be an option, but I am happy where Im at now.

So for now I am sticking with Directv.

Hi guys, my 2 year contract is up in April. I am thinking about changing to AT&T due to their new customer sign up package. I am just wondering what you guys think about changing over to AT&T for the people that have or had them?

What kind of deal are anyone receiving after their contract expires to retain them for another 2 years?

1. You will likely get better ATT info in that thread
2. Provider hopping will ultimate burn you in the long run, but you gotta do what you gotta do

If you are talking about Uverse, everyone I know who has them has spent hours on the phone with their billing department getting all the supposed discounts worked out. AT&T consistently gets low ratings for customer satisfaction. I would avoid them unless you have no other choice. I'd contact DirecTV customer retention to see what kind of offer they have for you to stay. I'd switch to Dish before AT&T.

-Ted

Thanks for all the feed back. I didn't know that AT&T has such a bad service. The only thing I know about them is that they are always showing advertizement on their service.

I guess I will call Direct TV when the time gets closer to see what kind of deal they will offer to keep me. I would like to replace my current DVR with the new DVR that will allow me to schedule 100 programs instead of the 50 right now.

Can anyone here that have stayed with Direct TV give me an idea of what the retention office gave you in order to keep you? Thanks again for all the response.

Thanks for all the feed back. I didn't know that AT&T has such a bad service. The only thing I know about them is that they are always showing advertizement on their service.

I guess I will call Direct TV when the time gets closer to see what kind of deal they will offer to keep me. I would like to replace my current DVR with the new DVR that will allow me to schedule 100 programs instead of the 50 right now.

Can anyone here that have stayed with Direct TV give me an idea of what the retention office gave you in order to keep you? Thanks again for all the response.

As for deals to stay, they all differ, depending on your standing with them.
Programming you have, payment history ect.

Hello csun213,

The only model DVR that allows 100 programs to be scheduled is the HR34. It has 5 tuners. The nationwide availability of the HR34 is in early February. It can only work with a SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch) setup. If you get an HR34 or any other DVR it will require you to have a new 2 year contract.

Is there any way short of calling DTV to find out when your commitment is done ?

Dont think so, I poked around the website yesterday as I am not quite sure when my current two year is done, I added new equipment almost two years ago

Dish is out of the question due to no full time HD RSN's.
I don't want to derail this thread, but are you saying, literally, that there isn't a single RSN on Dish that is full time HD? I know that they are missing a few of them (YES and MSG come to mind).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)