200 HD channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Pathetic Dish!!!

I really like it when my tv provider thinks most people are idiots!!!

Every time a provider makes a stupid statement like this.... They need to list EVERY HD channel with that press release. Maybe that would stop some of this crap.

Last edited:
Yep , One reason I signed a contract with D*.

So E* 160 channel count goes to 200 ,by adding what? 8 channels?
Just like last time when it went from 130-160 by adding 8 channels.

Keep up the Bad Work Charlie

Yup I knew they were going to be announcing 200 channels today on the 922, but I was thinking that maybe some of the channels were going to be streaming.

I am guessing they are counting all the "Channel 1" VOD channels which I do not consider real channels.

I am kind of disapointed in that respect.

I am also disapointed that this was the first press release mentioning the release of the 922, yet in the release they didn't even mention that it has built in Sling...

Praise for the 8 new HD channels, but the rest of it get my mark of FAIL.

What's the difference between this and Directv claiming they have the capacity to add 200 HD channels, but haven't even added any yet? I'm sure when Directv gets their satellite in working order they will be making the same bogus claims as Dish..

:p;)

yup its not like D* has been promising 200 HD channels ;):rolleyes:

Don't laugh too hard Hemi. They ALL do it. Yes. Even your beloved Direct does it.;)

It is just up to you to believe it or not.;)

Hemi,you know better than anybody BOTH companies play the same game,Both Marketing Departments Sucks!!

At least Dish is much closer to the actual count. Excluding PPV, 101, local and RSN's, Dish has 103 somewhat actual HD channels. Direct only has 75. This isn't the war zone, but the facts are in the link below.

Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 4/3/10! - AVS Forum

Including RSN's and 101 channels but excluding PPV, I don't think there are 200 HD channels. Even with locals I bet the count would be in the 180's.

I know they all do it, But which one looks more like a flat out lie.
Anyone who can do simple math, can tell adding 160 +8 doesn't = 200.

And you all need to get your facts straight about me, I am no fan of D* or E*.
I'm a fan of people getting the facts without the sugercoating.

Fact is D* claims they Have 130 HD channels , and they do.
Yes Claiming future 200 channels is bold, for sure, But by no means far fetched.

E* claims they have cerrently have 200 and they don't.
I even posted E* channel count when they claimed 160.
That count had 15 VOD HD,and Alternate HD channels just to get that count.
It wasn't easy to get 160 HD channels.

DIRECTV is counting their HD PPV as well.

I wish they only counted the number of HD channels you actually receive with each package level... That would be a refreshing change.

Dish Network Adds 8 HD Channels
TVPredictions.com
Washington, D.C. (April 19, 2010) -- Dish Network today added eight new High-Definition channels and immediately claimed to be the first in the nation to offer more than 200 HD channels.

However, until today, Dish claimed to offer around 160 high-def channels. So it's unclear how the addition of eight channels puts the satcaster over the 200 mark. (Plus, some in the 160 count were PPV channels and regional sports networks. which only offer partial programming to some subscribers.)

In a press release today, Dish Network did not explain how it reached the 200 channel mark.

The new channels added today are: EPIX HD, G4 HD, Headline News HD, History International HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, ShortsHD, Style HD and Turner Classic Movies HD.

Going back to the claim of offering 200 HD channels, Dish is clearly taking aim at DIRECTV which has said it has the 'capacity' to provide 200 HD channels. However, DIRECTV now acknowledges it only offers 130 HD channels and many of those are PPV movie channels

I counted every channel on the Directv page they had listed and I didn't get 130? I only counted 98? Am I missing something?

DIRECTV: DIRECTV HD

EDIT: Oh, I missed PPV HD channels I guess...To make the story short, both providers lie and implode their number.

So they claim 200 HD channels and they do not even advertise on their own website the HD only packages, not to mention no new customer $15.00 discount like the standard packages. How many channels will they need to add until the advertise on thier site there are HD only packages are available? :rant:

Yup I knew they were going to be announcing 200 channels today on the 922, but I was thinking that maybe some of the channels were going to be streaming.

I am guessing they are counting all the "Channel 1" VOD channels which I do not consider real channels.

I am kind of disapointed in that respect.

I am also disapointed that this was the first press release mentioning the release of the 922, yet in the release they didn't even mention that it has built in Sling...

Praise for the 8 new HD channels, but the rest of it get my mark of FAIL.

They do mention the Sling technology on the 922.

"This is the world's only DVR with integrated Sling technology, allowing DISH Network customers to watch their favorite programs anytime and anywhere via their laptop or mobile device. "

But to claim 200 HD national channels? I don't think so. They're doing what Comcast does in their ads, but at least Comcast says "on-demand content" and not National HD channels like Dish is saying.

"today became the first and only company to offer 200 national high definition channels. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)