2006 Baseball Division Series Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No one said A-Rod is the reason for "everyone's ineptness. Arod has had 24 errors this year, 3rd most for his position. Not speaking about anyone but Arod.

Jimbos said:
I'm tired of hearing how ARod is the reason for everyone ineptness.
Jeter has an error and has not done much since game 1 but they don't say anything about him not hitting , or anyone else for that matter.

Jimbo

sidekick said:
No one said A-Rod is the reason for "everyone's ineptness. Arod has had 24 errors this year, 3rd most for his position. Not speaking about anyone but Arod.
Sorry,
I was refering to the announcers on the TV.
As for the 24 errors, I don't care about that, he has played defensively in this series fine.
I think Jeter is 3-11 since game one, still better than the other yankees.
I think Arod will be moving on after this season, I think he will do much better if someone moves him back to SS and out of NY.

Jimbo

Good pitching beats good hitting all the time !!!!!!

Ain't no PArty like a DETROIT PARTY !!!!!!

Congratulations Detroit !!!!
Keep it going !!!

Jimbo

Disgraceful.... Let go of every player and bring the AAA players... :D Let go of Randy and A. Rod.... and start from there...

Sean Mota said:
Disgraceful.... Let go of every player and bring the AAA players... :D Let go of Randy and A. Rod.... and start from there...
The triple A team (Columbus Clippers) were pretty bad this year,
However the Tigers farm system won the championship for the second year in a row !!!

I would guess that about 1/3 rd of the current Tigers played down here in Toledo in the last 2-3 years.

Jimbo

I am so glad to see the Stinkees sink.

We did WONDERFUL getting rid of Gayrod last year. Our 3rd baseman is much better, and we didn't even go to the postseries.

My beloved Detroit Tigers have slayed the Yankees. Its been a long time coming here in Motown. Detroit - Oakland coming up. I remember being in 2nd grade and the mighty A's of Reggie Jackson, Sal Bando, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, etc. beat the Tigers. I remember Bert Campanaris throwing his bat at Lerrin Legrow. Ah, memories. Time flies.

Go Tigers! Man, its so nice to see baseball alive here again.

Proc said:
My beloved Detroit Tigers have slayed the Yankees. Its been a long time coming here in Motown. Detroit - Oakland coming up. I remember being in 2nd grade and the mighty A's of Reggie Jackson, Sal Bando, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, etc. beat the Tigers. I remember Bert Campanaris throwing his bat at Lerrin Legrow. Ah, memories. Time flies.

Go Tigers! Man, its so nice to see baseball alive here again.
I was in the 6th grade and had a fabulous teacher that was a HUGE Tigers fan...
Back then the playoffs were played during the day, so, she was nice enough to bring a TV in and we watched the Tigers in the playoffs and her lesson plans were designed around the playoff games...

Jimbo

Mets are in the playoffs... At least one team out of the NY (evil market with 8million in attendance this year) made it to the championship series.

Sean Mota said:
Mets are in the playoffs... At least one team out of the NY (evil market with 8million in attendance this year) made it to the championship series.
Hmmm. I have no problem at all with the Mets, or NY in general. Just the Yankees. Perhaps because of the attitude that someone as good as Rodriguez is the problem (really, how many teams have a third basemen who had a better year?). Or that just making the playoffs is a problem. Fire Torre, indeed. God I hate that team.

TheTimm said:
Hmmm. I have no problem at all with the Mets, or NY in general. Just the Yankees. Perhaps because of the attitude that someone as good as Rodriguez is the problem (really, how many teams have a third basemen who had a better year?). Or that just making the playoffs is a problem. Fire Torre, indeed. God I hate that team.

I just think that the attitude of hating the Yankees for what they are is just uncalled for. The Yankees are the best thing that can happpen to baseball. Not only do they generate the best profit in baseball but pay the heaviest luxury tax in baseball which is passed unto other small market teams. They are the best team on the road for any market in terms of dollar making. So any team profits from just having them in their ballpark. Oh and one more thing... they invest most of all that generating revenue back into the team... which is the biggest reason that teams like the Pirates Tampa Bay, Marlins and others do not do but instead take the money and put it back into the pocket of the owner. Whomever think that they are better without the Yankees are just are not looking at the big picture. Everyone benefits from having big market teams making the money because if do not make it who will? That money does not buy championship --- that is very true. But 26 championships are not bad and so many years having a chance to do it. Not making an excuse here just because I live in NY but sometimes you have to look at the big picture... Detroit is one team that benefit so much from the luxury tax paid by the big hitters like the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and other big Market Teams.

Now the pressure is on Detroit. Was this a Fluke serie or are they for real to advance to the next round? Will Kenny Rogers do it once again or will Kenny Roger go back to be the mediocre pitcher we are used to see on the playoffs? The playoffs are not done. Lots of road to cover until the champion is declared. In the meantime, congratulation to Tigers for making it to the next round.

Sean Mota said:
I just think that the attitude of hating the Yankees for what they are is just uncalled for. The Yankees are the best thing that can happpen to baseball. Not only do they generate the best profit in baseball but pay the heaviest luxury tax in baseball which is passed unto other small market teams. They are the best team on the road for any market in terms of dollar making. So any team profits from just having them in their ballpark. Oh and one more thing... they invest most of all that generating revenue back into the team... which is the biggest reason that teams like the Pirates Tampa Bay, Marlins and others do not do but instead take the money and put it back into the pocket of the owner. Whomever think that they are better without the Yankees are just are not looking at the big picture. Everyone benefits from having big market teams making the money because if do not make it who will? That money does not buy championship --- that is very true. But 26 championships are not bad and so many years having a chance to do it. Not making an excuse here just because I live in NY but sometimes you have to look at the big picture... Detroit is one team that benefit so much from the luxury tax paid by the big hitters like the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and other big Market Teams.

Now the pressure is on Detroit. Was this a Fluke serie or are they for real to advance to the next round? Will Kenny Rogers do it once again or will Kenny Roger go back to be the mediocre pitcher we are used to see on the playoffs? The playoffs are not done. Lots of road to cover until the champion is declared. In the meantime, congratulation to Tigers for making it to the next round.
Some of what you said I found true, but not all of it.
I think MOST people that don't like the yankees don't like them because they can go out and BUY ANY PLAYER THEY WANT, thats the part I dislike...
DETROIT has NOT benifitted from your LUXURY tax ..... Mr. Illich doesn't care about money coming in from other teams... Detroit is not a small market team so they do not get the tons you give to TB and FLA and PItt ect,. Detroit is a middle of the road market team.
Mr. Illich stated 4-5 years ago that when they got good enough to be good, he would spend the money required to improve the team ... And he has started to do that ... Pudge was the start and others followed, Detroit had to lose the "Why would anyone want to go there" label, that started when Pudge arrived. and Ordonez followed .

IF you have followed the Tigers at all this year , you know that Kenny Rogers never pitches well in the second half of the year... This year he stumbled for a few games and then got back on track and was damn good the rest of the year.
Look for Verlander to be much better than last time ....

Lets even the playing field and have a true salary cap, not a IF you want to go over it cap .....Lets make the salary cap at say $ 125 million. That way the High dollar teams can manouver and the lower teams have a ways to go to get there. The Tigers were around 90 million this year.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Lets even the playing field and have a true salary cap, not a IF you want to go over it cap .....Lets make the salary cap at say $ 125 million. That way the High dollar teams can manouver and the lower teams have a ways to go to get there. The Tigers were around 90 million this year.

Jimbo

90 Million:eek: WOW that's alot of money!

Oakland Athletics:
<TABLE id=teamResultsGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px; BORDER-TOP: white 1px; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px; WIDTH: 638px; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px" borderColor=white cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffdccb"><TD class=front-lede-link style="WIDTH: 10%; COLOR: black" noWrap align=middle>2006 </TD><TD class=front-lede-link style="WIDTH: 45%" align=right>$ 800,000 </TD><TD class=front-lede-link style="WIDTH: 45%" align=right>$ 62,243,079 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/teamresults.aspx?team=10

Well maybe everyone is right Oakland doesn't have a chance against Detroit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)