2008-09 College Bowl Season

BTW, I'm not buying into this "Big 10 teams can't win in the Rose Bowl" myth because they ALWAYS have to play USC.

The last time a Big-10 team played a Pac-10 team not named USC was back in 2001 (Washington-Purdue).

Honestly, if it was Oregon or Oregon State playing in Pasadena, I don't know how the outcome will be.

Let's see what happens if another Pac-10 team makes it to Pasadena!

1-5 for the over rated big 10... Now eariler I said how I thought the SEC was a bit weak this year, and they were.... however they have really impressed me in the bowls. I thought for sure GA or LSU would lose... or even both.. Specially after the way GATECH handled GA.

Next up for the big10 is what OSU vs Texas? Another route for them. 1-6.

I don't think it's that Big Ten teams just can't beat USC, they can't, but they can't beat anyone good from another BCS conference. Look at their bowl record this year. Didn't Cal beat Michigan St this year? There you go. If someone other than USC played in the Rose Bowl I suspect they would manhandle whoever the Big Ten sent out there.

If someone other than USC played in the Rose Bowl I suspect they would manhandle whoever the Big Ten sent out there.

That's my theory as well.

No other Pac-10 teams get a shot to test that theory out- if Oregon or Arizona State make a Rose Bowl and lose to a Big 10 team, then it proves that USC is making a mediocre conference look good.

Eventually, the Pac 10 will have to have someone else defend their honor- USC can't keep saving their butts every bowl season.

I don't think it's that Big Ten teams just can't beat USC, they can't, but they can't beat anyone good from another BCS conference. Look at their bowl record this year. Didn't Cal beat Michigan St this year? There you go. If someone other than USC played in the Rose Bowl I suspect they would manhandle whoever the Big Ten sent out there.

I believe Penn State CRUSHED Oregon State earlier in the year, 45-14.

MSU lost 38-31 in California.

1-5 for the over rated big 10... Now eariler I said how I thought the SEC was a bit weak this year, and they were.... however they have really impressed me in the bowls. I thought for sure GA or LSU would lose... or even both.. Specially after the way GATECH handled GA.

Next up for the big10 is what OSU vs Texas? Another route for them. 1-6.

The Big Ten is NOT over rated this year, everyone here has said that they are not very good this year, all year long, I think you would have to have higher expectations in order to be considered OVER rated.

That's my theory as well.

No other Pac-10 teams get a shot to test that theory out- if Oregon or Arizona State make a Rose Bowl and lose to a Big 10 team, then it proves that USC is making a mediocre conference look good.

Eventually, the Pac 10 will have to have someone else defend their honor- USC can't keep saving their butts every bowl season.

Well if USC would QUIT losing games, they expect to win them all every year, they would NOT be hanging out at home to play a bowl game every year.

Look, all this Big-10 bashing just for the hell of it is nonsense. Every Big-10 team that has lost so far has lost to a better opponent. Conversely, the sole Big-10 winner so far, Iowa beat a weaker team. There was no upsets. Everything has gone as planned. Don't get your panties in a tizzy Big-10 haters.......

Wisconsin (7-6) vs. Florida St (9-4)
#21 Missouri (10-4) vs. #25 Northwestern (9-3)
Kansas (8-5) vs. Minnesota (7-5)
South Carolina (7-5) vs. Iowa (9-4)
#15 Georgia (9-3) vs. #18 Michigan St. (9-4)
#8 Penn St. (11-2) vs. #5 USC (11-1)

Look, all this Big-10 bashing just for the hell of it is nonsense. Every Big-10 team that has lost so far has lost to a better opponent. Conversely, the sole Big-10 winner so far, Iowa beat a weaker team. There was no upsets. Everything has gone as planned. Don't get your panties in a tizzy Big-10 haters.......

Not bashing the Big Ten...just that it is what it is. They have not faired well.

EDIT: Apparently, I am not the ONLY one talking about it:

If this is the best the Big Ten has to offer, and Penn State earned that designation during the regular season, then the league has some major problems. The Big Ten's bowl lineup looked murderous, but four double-digit losses is pretty weak.

Three traditional powerhouse programs and major TV markets will always make the Big Ten relevant in college football, but we're in the dark ages for the conference. The Big Ten hasn't won a Rose Bowl since 2000 and, like many around college football, can't find an answer for USC.

Ohio State could dull the pain with a Tostitos Fiesta Bowl win against Texas on Monday, but Jim Delany's league has to do some soul searching after the season. The Big Ten entered the 2008 season with a poor national reputation and thus far has done nothing to change it.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation/0-5-26/A-major-setback-for-Penn-State--Big-Ten.html

I was impressed with Northwestern .
Disappointed with Iowa and Michigan State

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts