2008-09 College Bowl Season

I am absolutely embarassed by what's happening in the Cotton Bowl.

Tech is getting embarassed by a flat-out inferior team.

Of course, I'm sure that our resident Tech haters- anders, Sam, and david- are jumping for joy like they won the Super Bowl.

It was one thing for Tech to lose to a superior team in Oklahoma- but OLE MISS? OLE FREAKING MISS?

I am absolutely furious right now.

Screw Tech; Screw Ole Miss; Screw the SEC!

Sabres I felt the same way when FLA lost to Ole Miss... Of course FLA didnt lose this bad to ole miss ;)

BTW Ole Miss is not a "bad" team. They will be even better next year returning most of their starters.

I guess it does show though that the Big12 has no defense... Ole Miss is on the verge of breaking their offense yard record for the season this game, and it also shows the SEC does have defense, holding Tech to one of their worst games of the year (aside from say the Baylor game)

I guess it does show though that the Big12 has no defense... Ole Miss is on the verge of breaking their offense yard record for the season this game, and it also shows the SEC does have defense

Since I don't see Tech coming back to win (I see them making an attempt, but they won't win- they dug a big hole after a strong start), I'll engage you in a spirited debate.

I'll agree with you there on what you said, but this whole SEC chicken/egg debate on whether their defense is that good or not will be decided in the title game.

You feel that Florida's defense- and numbers- are exceptional.

I feel that those numbers are inflated by the schedule- other than Georgia, none of Florida's opponents are a team that I look at and say, "They can hang a lot of points on the scoreboard."

To me, Florida's defense benefitted from some terrible offenses

I agree with you, FLA has not been challanged by a Offense as good as OK so the numbers maybe off. However watching them play D they do look very impressive. I mean Spikes is a true field general and commands that defense well. Plus he is a senios and has ALOT to play for, I expect a great game from him and the rest of the D.

At least we get to settle this dispute on the field ;)

This is HUMILIATING.

It's bad enough that Tech's losing to a team that I think is just flat out not that good, but that now EVERYBODY is going to gloat about it.

Of course, Ole Miss is an SEC team, and the SEC is the Dallas Cowboys of college football conferences- the golden-boy conferences that gets lionized.

I guess it does show though that the Big12 has no defense... Ole Miss is on the verge of breaking their offense yard record for the season this game, and it also shows the SEC does have defense, holding Tech to one of their worst games of the year (aside from say the Baylor game)

I agree with this 100 percent:up

You are really going to call Ole Miss inferior after this beat down

In terms of team talent, they weren't as good as Tech during the season.

At least Oklahoma had more talent.

Getting embarassed by that IDIOT Houston Nutt- god, I feel sick!

This was Tech's best team ever and they STILL couldn't finish out nicely.

Since most of their key contributors are leaving, I may not really care how Tech does next year.

It'll be another 50 years before Tech EVER has a chance at a national title.

In terms of team talent, they weren't as good as Tech during the season.
Yeah, and they didnt play in the same conferences either.

It is going to sound like I am building up the SEC, and I guess I am a little, but I seriously doubt TECH would have the record they have now playing against the teams Ole Miss had to play. I know everyone was so high on the Big 12 big 3, but I THINK at the end of the bowl season we will see that they simply dont have the complete teams that the SEC has. Ole Miss is showing that right now. Of course thats just my opinion, and I am sure I am a little biased.:p Just calling it how I see it play out

Edit: Dont get me wrong, I think tech has a good team. I just dont think they are world beaters. That goes for Texas and Oklahoma also. (again, I think they have really GOOD teams,)

I guess that exciting and flashy teams with fun and entertaining offenses can't win in the world of football.

Let's face it- the duller the team, the more wins and success they'll have.

they simply dont have the complete teams that the SEC has.

You say complete. I say half-complete.

I'm sorry, but for now (I'll wait until the Florida/OU game concludes) I feel that SEC teams have pathetic offenses that make their defenses look good (Look at Auburn- that offense is so putrid, they were tailor-made to get killed by Bama)

You say complete. I say half-complete.

I'm sorry, but for now (I'll wait until the Florida/OU game concludes) I feel that SEC teams have pathetic offenses that make their defenses look good (Look at Auburn- that offense is so putrid, they were tailor-made to get killed by Bama)

Yeah, I agree that auburn sucks (that is obvious!!!). I dont see how that means the WHOLE SEC has terrible offenses.

Hard to put up the numbers week in and week out when you play an decent defense. SO I guess I feel the same about the Big 12, just reverse (defense is so pathetic, its easy to put up huge numbers)

I think this is a bigger win for Ole Miss than it is a bad loss for Texas Tech. Ole Miss is generally just a step above Vanderbilt in the SEC. Houston Nutt is trying to change that. Wins over Florida and TT will gain the Rebels some street cred.

Texas Tech has already overachieved this year. I thought they would be exposed in Big XII play. They weren't. They also kept Mike Leach from ditching them. Now they have shot at staying good. Texas Tech is never going to be any good at defense, but neither is anyone else in the Big XII. It would be nice in the future if TT would schedule some decent teams in non conference play. Their non conference opponents this year were pathetic.

FLA does have the best offense in the SEC... We assume OK has the best Offense in the Big12.... (Texas may have a dispute to that) but in the SEC I dont think any team can compare offensivly to the Gators...

So we have the best offenses from both conferences going at it.. Which has the better defense? You would be hard press to say anyone but FLA....

Ole Miss got off SCOT-FREE for such an illegal late hit?!

Of course, when you're an SEC team, you can get anyway with ANY CHEAP SHOTS!

I now have a new team high on my hate list- Ole Miss.

Time for College football playoffs?

Tebow coming back for more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)