2008-09 College Bowl Season

Now, the fans are chanting overrated?

Now I HOPE Ole Miss is a one-year wonder ala last year's Jayhawks.

I WANT them to fail from now on- they make me sick.

Ole Miss got off SCOT-FREE for such an illegal late hit?!

Of course, when you're an SEC team, you can get anyway with ANY CHEAP SHOTS!

I now have a new team high on my hate list- Ole Miss.

Im listening on the radio it sucks but im at work ;(

But the game is over, and emotions are high now on both sides. The refs thus far have done a decent job keeping these two teams at bay.

Jeez bandwagon. :rolleyes:

I didn't say bandwagon.

What I meant was, "I'll follow their games in terms of scoreboard and such, but I won't build them up anymore like I did this season."

I still hope they can do well, but I am no longer going to tout them as super-high as I did this year.

I dont beleive tech was overrated.. I do beleive Ole Miss was under rated.. They were #3 maybe 4 in the SEC. They didnt lose a game by more then 1 TD (I think) all season. They beat the SEC champions in head to head. and now they destroyed a good TT team..

If Teabow returns and FLA stays a powerhouse next year, LSU gets a good new QB, and GA returns to glory, Alabama remains strong and Ole Miss is in the mix next season will be bloody. The SEC could beat themselves out of a national title next year.

I tell you what the SEC is bringin it this bowl season. They are unbeaten except for the chickens loss to Iowa. This is why the SEC gets all the hype and the Big Ten is the butt of so many jokes.

Yeah, Ole Miss was underrated for sure. I cant stand them, but they should be a handfull next year, and maybe the next.

This is why the SEC gets all the hype and the Big Ten is the butt of so many jokes.

Can we not talk about the Big 10? Jeez- this is about the Big 12.

Anders- You're a favorite poster of mine, but I'm still bitter about last year's avatar bet, so I may challange you again. If we have a Arizona Cardinals/Carolina Panthers REMATCH in the NFC Divisional playoffs, I'm going to call you out for an avatar bet.

You gotta feel good for Houston Nutt. The Arkansas fans treated him in a completely low class way even though he always won. Now Nutt has put some pride back into Ole Miss' program and could get elected governor down there. I hope Ole Miss beats Arkansas every chance they get and that the pigs get put on probation.

Anders- You're a favorite poster of mine, but I'm still bitter about last year's avatar bet, so I may challange you again. If we have a Arizona Cardinals/Carolina Panthers REMATCH in the NFC Divisional playoffs, I'm going to call you out for an avatar bet.
I'd welcome that challenge, but you'll have to think of something else cause the Cardinals season ends tomorrow.

I'd welcome that challenge, but you'll have to think of something else cause the Cardinals season ends tomorrow.

No offense, but I'm not buying into this thing about the Falcons being a lock.

It seems as if everyone would want the Cards to forfeit tomorrow's game; that's how many feel.

In midst of my anger (I can be very emotional sometimes- I wear my heart on my sleeves), forgot to mention something else:

Today's game was the last game that'll ever be played at the old Cotton Bowl stadium at City Fair in Dallas.

Hard to believe that it'll be gone after this, and that the Cotton Bowl will now be in the new Cowboys stadium (IMO, that won't be too bad- the Fiesta Bowl moved to the new stadium in Glendale, and it's doing fine).

Loved that stadium, though I miss the days of the astroturf and the game being sponsored by Mobil.

travel_Cotton_Bowl_590.jpg

Here's to the old girl in Big D- gone, but certainly not forgotten.

I guess that exciting and flashy teams with fun and entertaining offenses can't win in the world of football.

Let's face it- the duller the team, the more wins and success they'll have.

If that was the case, the Big 10 would be winning all the games, we KNOW thats not the case.

Jimbo

Today's game was the last game that'll ever be played at the old Cotton Bowl stadium at City Fair in Dallas.

Hard to believe that it'll be gone after this, and that the Cotton Bowl will now be in the new Cowboys stadium (IMO, that won't be too bad- the Fiesta Bowl moved to the new stadium in Glendale, and it's doing fine).

Loved that stadium, though I miss the days of the astroturf and the game being sponsored by Mobil.
Hard to believe that the City of Dallas shelled out millions renovate a stadium that played host to 2 games each year and now one of them is gone. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling you'll live to regret that.

I'm gonna go easy on you Sabres other than to say Mississippi has more talent across the board than Texas Tech. Far more. Not even close.

NFL scouts and GM's are well aware of that. You will see that point verified in the upcoming NFL Drafts.

On a side note Mike Leach needs to stay right where he is.

His gimmicky system will be exposed if he goes to a conference that thinks about playing Defense.

Texas Tech had a good year and beat every team they were suppose to and one they weren't in Texas.

That's about the best it can be in Lubbock.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go easy on you Sabres other than to say Mississippi has more talent across the board than Texas Tech. Far more. Not even close.

NFL scouts and GM's are well aware of that. You will see that point verified in the upcoming NFL Drafts.

On a side note Mike Leach needs to stay right where he is.

His gimmicky system will be exposed if he goes to a conference that thinks about playing Defense.

Texas Tech had a good year and beat every team they were supposed to and one they weren't in Texas.

That's about the best it can be in Lubbock.

Are you saying he's the Big 12 version of Rich Rod ?
If he goes to a different conference that plays D , he won't survive with his offense ...

Mississippi has more talent across the board than Texas Tech. Far more. Not even close.

I think Ole Miss's problem was coaching. Remember, when they had Patrick Willis, who is a BEAST, they won 10 games in his last 3 years.

Of course, they were coached by a buffoon in Ed Orgeron.

Are you saying he's the Big 12 version of Rich Rod ?
If he goes to a different conference that plays D , he won't survive with his offense ...

There are definitely some shared characteristics between both Coaches, their respective systems and Management on Gamedays

Time for College football playoffs?

Tebow coming back for more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)