2008-09 College Bowl Season

Is it me or has this Bowl Season as a whole been very dull?

I always thought this long layoff ruined any sort of momentum and built up interest at the end of the regular season.

If we can't have a playoff system and have to stick with Bowls, can we at least move the games up a few weeks? The 6 week layoff is ridiculous. Can you imagine the Super Bowl being 6 weeks after the Conference Championships??
It's not you. I read that the ratings for the BCS games have been very low. In spite of the potential for a good game tonight I doubt that there will be a big audience watching, by NC standards that is. This game doesn't have the feel of USC-Texas.

Well, it's halftime, and Florida should be VERY LUCKY they're not down by two touchdowns.

Insider, you should be THANKFUL the Gators got lucky!

Texas Tech's winning TD against Texas is the Pontiac Game-Changing Performance of the Year.

Sorry, Texas fans- you can whine all you want and say all that stuff about the BCS being a joke.

BUT... you guys failed to stop Tech ONE LAST TIME.

Longhorns blew it- they had it, and blew it.

This is not the shootout I envisioned.

However, it's at least a competitive game so far.

The last two years, the halftime score in the BCS title game were 24-10 and 34-14.

OU's trailing, but considering what happened the last time they played a national title game in Miami, their defense is playing better than I thought.

Could the announcers be anymore biased towards Tebow?

This just proves my point- Tim Tebow may be the most annoying player I can ever recall in college football.

I'm not knocking his talent, but the way EVERYONE slurps him annoys me.

Ye gods- and I'll have to put up with ANOTHER year of those damn SEC fans crowing about their greatness.

I just hope no SEC teams go west to Pasadena next year, if you know what I mean.

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same- except for national titles, which seem as if they'll never leave the South and I AM SICK OF IT!

OTOH, I realized- I'm a Big 12 fan, but I am not an OU fan- just look at my meltdowns after the 65-21 game against Tech

I support my conference, but I should have known- I guess the SEC just doesn't surrender titles.

Thank god Insider is a classy poster- he's not the type to brag and get up in my face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)