2008-09 College Bowl Season

Since this is Florida's second title in three years, I would like to see the pollsters actually favor them to win a second straight title next year as opposed to ALWAYS favoring USC.

(Remember- in the months after Florida's 2006 title, everyone basically gift-wrapped the title to SC- and then they ran into Stanford)

Oh well- as much as the SEC (and Tebow) annoy me, at least it's not least USC winning the title (things could be worse)- and I did root for Urban Meyer when he crashed the BCS with Utah.

For all the bashing Ohio State and the ACC have gotten for their BCS performance- can we say Oklahoma is just as inept in BCS games as others?

Insider, now that you've shown up, I'll give some thoughts:

1. I've had a tendency to blow up over bad losses, but I'll congratulate you. Your team did won.

2. The game basically boiled down to three plays- the two interceptions, and that goal-lie stand.

3. Is it just me, or are the announcers just a bit over-the-top when it came to praising Tebow?

4. I guess Florida shut me up- for months and months, I had said Florida's defense was terrible and that they had been facing nothing but pathetic popguns. I was wrong- I'll admit it.

5. Last time Florida won the national title, they were forgotten by the summer of 2006, with the semi-annual USC overkill. Do you think Florida would be better off if more or less people favor them to repeat?

6. Now that the season is over, tell me where and when next year's national title game will be.

Given that Florida and LSU won the last two national titles in what basically seemed like a HOME GAME, I'm a little bitter.

Just once, I want to see a national title game between two teams playing in a stadium that is NOT affiliated with their conference. (In other words, I'd like to see an SEC/Big 12 title game whereever the next title game is)

Oklahoma had their chances, but they couldn't take advantage in the 1st half when they had the chance. This should be a bitter loss for OU fans. 4 NC losses in 5 tries this decade. As they say finishing 2nd just means you're 1st loser.

It's amazing that after dropping 60 points on nearly everyone in the Big XII Oklahoma was held to just 14 points tonight. First time all year they faced a good defense. Congrats to Florida. Kind of shows just how bad Big XII defenses were.

Two other things before everyone else gives their two cents:

1. Now that the game's in the books, Tebow's Ole Miss speech (you'll never see a team play harder than we will the rest of this season) may go down as the modern-day equivalent of Knute Rockne's "Gipper" speech. I say that because of what the Gators did in every game after that speech

2. OU, thought they lost, shouldn't hang their heads that low. The defense showed up, played better than the last time they went to Miami (the 55-10 USC beating), and most of their key players are coming back.

Sabres, you have hear the SEC talk for another year.

Three straight BCS titles, four of the last six, and five total in the 11 years of the BCS.

As an ACC fan with no dog in the fight,it appeared to me that Oklahoma was out coached tonight.I am still not sure which team is deserving of #1,but as I said to my friend who I watched the game with, What a night it would have been if this would have been the culmination of an 8 or 16 team playoff.

Sabres, you have hear the SEC talk for another year.

Three straight BCS titles, four of the last six, and five total in the 11 years of the BCS.

I guess your "real college football" avatar has new meaning after tonight.

With the 2010 NC in the Rose Bowl Sabres may get his wish. If USC makes the NC they still get to play in Pasadena, but the Rose Bowl would replace them with the Pac 10 runner up. Then we'd get to see someone like Oregon beat the s*** out of a Big Ten team.

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same- except for national titles, which seem as if they'll never leave the South and I AM SICK OF IT!

OTOH, I realized- I'm a Big 12 fan, but I am not an OU fan- just look at my meltdowns after the 65-21 game against Tech

I support my conference, but I should have known- I guess the SEC just doesn't surrender titles.

Thank god Insider is a classy poster- he's not the type to brag and get up in my face.

Thanks for the kind words.. Of course you have to at least let me brag tonight ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)